Senior Legal Counsel, Commercial Banking - Global Functions
Singapore, Singapore | HSBC Private Bank
Functions:Legal / Compliance
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Legal plays an important role in protecting the Group’s reputation by helping to future-proof the organisation through robust legal risk and issue advisory. Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice to senior management and all global businesses and functions, the team offers a diverse range of legal skills, jurisdictional experience and practice specialisms across all countries and territories in which our businesses operate.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Legal Counsel - Commercial Banking.
- The role holder will be part of the legal team that provides legal support to the Commercial Banking (CMB) and Global Trade and Receivables Finance (GTRF) business
- To provide legal advice, guidance and support to CMB and GTRF across a broad range of products offered to customers, including advising on, drafting and/or reviewing documentation, developing and maintaining bank standard templates, and liaising with external counsel where necessary
- To work on and/or advise on digital projects and initiatives associated with the CMB and GTRF business
- To collaborate with members of the wider legal department in Singapore and within the HSBC Group in relation to projects or transactions
- To be a trusted adviser to the business by ensuring that commercially sensitive and pragmatic legal advice is provided, whilst managing the bank’s legal risk
- To identify and advise on changes in law and regulations relevant to products offered by CMB and GTRF so as to manage existing legal risks and identify new/emerging legal risks
- Qualified lawyer with no less than 8 years post qualification experience
- Experience or familiarity with banking documentation, with strong drafting skills required
- Experience in working on digital initiatives/projects, or have a keen interest in digital initiatives in relation to banking products offered to customers
- Adaptable, able to handle a diverse range of issues and solve problems by thinking laterally, and able to work under pressure
- Self-starter and independent, with good organizational skills
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, and able to work collaboratively
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
Already a member? Sign In