Senior Level Scientist
Reston, VA, USA | BAE Systems
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Looking to make a difference developing disruptive technologies? Solving the Defense and Intelligence Communities’ hardest problems with innovative software and hardware solutions, BAE Systems FAST Labs is technology’s leading-edge destination for thought leaders. FAST Labs, the research arm of BAE Systems’ Electronic Systems, is searching for a Senior-Level Scientist with multi-domain defense collection experience and a familiarity with intelligence problem decomposition, collection measures of performance, and collection measures of effectiveness to join their Special Activity Exploitation (SAX) research group. SAX is part of BAE Systems’ FAST Labs division, which is heavily involved in advanced research concepts primarily from the various government research labs and organizations, including DARPA and IARPA. Members of the group are involved in the entire cycle of research development, from the initial concept ideation and program shaping with potential customers and new business pursuits through the execution and transition of research concepts to BAE Systems’ business areas and products. Most programs involve small teams of principal engineers and academically strong assistant researchers.
The SAX directorate is a cutting-edge, multidisciplinary research and engineering organization that is the ES lead for invention and application of innovative machine learning, control, and optimization approaches to learn patterns of behavior from a wide range of data sources, including real-time sensor feeds. Exploitation uses of these behavioral models include anomaly and change detection, prediction of future behavior, and recognition of complex events and activities. Applications of our technology include terrestrial, maritime, and space domains over a range of sensing modalities (e.g., radar, full motion video, radio communication) spanning the technology readiness spectrum from basic research through fielded operational systems. Our cutting edge projects and opportunities advance the frontiers of science as well as contributing to practical systems that solve real problems.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- An Active US Top Secret clearance-SCI eligibility are required
- Practical experience in designing measures of performance and measures of effectiveness for multi-source collection assets
- Knowledge of Activity-Based Intelligence indicators and observables and Intelligence Problem Decomposition
- Knowledge of AI/ML application areas such as Natural Language Processing and data extraction techniques
Preferred Skills and Education
- Practical experience in deconstructing Joint and Service specific Intelligence Planning Processes such as JIPOE and IPOE with a working knowledge of the DoD APEX process and Defense Collection Management Enterprise
- Strong knowledge of the intelligence cycle and cross-domain collection tasking processes and associated databases
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Experience presenting to technical audiences
Bachelor's Degree or 10 years of cross-domain technical collection experience.
Already a member? Sign In