Senior Manager, Audit Innovation
Washington, DC, USA | Fidelity Investments
Job Description:71 people have viewed this job
We are looking to hire an upbeat and experienced Senior Manager, Audit Innovation. This is a leadership role in the Innovation team within Corporate Audit. As an innovation leader, you will have accountability for delivery of automation capabilities that generate efficiency and enhance the assurance provided by Corporate Audit.
You are an experienced automation and analytics practitioner with significant background in applying innovative techniques to the audit process. Your role as an experienced member of the innovation team includes developing strong organization wide digital auditing capabilities. You will work with audit product area and squad leaders to ensure alignment of the innovation squad’s objectives with the domain’s priorities and strategy. You will deliver high quality audit innovation capabilities resulting in positive client relationships.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
- Our mission in Fidelity Corporate Audit is to drive positive change and protect the firm and its customers by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insights. We accomplish this through:
- Assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, risk management, compliance and governance processes
- Reporting on issues and solutions that improve Fidelity’s control environment
- Quickly responding to change through continuous risk assessment and resource allocation
- Providing audit advisory services on new and changing products and systems
- Developing hard working professionals for audit and leadership positions
The goal of Corporate Audit Innovation Team is to develop innovation capabilities that result in a data intelligent organization and introduce improvements in the audit life cycle by providing operational insights and automation capabilities. We need a high-energy, innovation leader with hands-on technology development skills. We appreciate and value positivity, optimism, enthusiasm, and a drive for new high-reaching projects that provide continuous learning!
The Expertise You Have
- 8 – 12+ years proven experience in leading Innovation, Automation, Data Science, Machine Learning (ML), or Artificial Intelligence (AI) projects and initiatives in a risk and controls environment, preferably within financial services.
- Expertise and development experience with at least three of the following:
- Python, R
- Relational Databases
- NoSQL Databases (including graph databases)
- ML/AI algorithms
- Unstructured data analysis (Text Mining, NLP, Others)
- Web development
- Data visualization at the enterprise level (Tableau Server, Qlik etc.)
- Robotic Process Automation and /or Workflow Automation software
- BS/MS in Technology, Computational Sciences, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or related field of study.
- Professional audit or information security certifications preferred (CIA, CISA, CISSP, etc.).
- Cloud computing (AWS or Azure) related professional-level certifications preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication and ability to articulate audit goals and value to clients
- Experience working with and understanding the needs of clients
- Analytical skills and experience evaluating risk and making decisions based on hard/soft data
- Ability to quickly learn new subject matter in various business/technical areas, develop others, and have fun while doing this!
The Skills You Bring
- Hands-on technology solutions development as it relates to improvement and automation of audit processes and sub-processes.
- Leading project and / or initiative teams of data scientists, automation software engineers, providing technical expertise by tapping into current or past hands-on development experience using emerging technologies
- Knowledge of financial services industry including retail (e.g., managed accounts, self-directed brokerage), and institutional client product offerings and services (e.g. custody and clearing, capital markets), and industry regulations and requirements preferred.
- Collaboration skills and a fact-based, data driven approach to understanding risks to our business.
Already a member? Sign In