Senior Manager Finance
Lone Tree, CO, USA | Charles Schwab
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
The Retail Investor Services Finance team provides financial analysis and business decision support for Schwab’s Retail Investor Services enterprise. The team’s objectives are to help business partners drive operational leverage and improve profitability through thorough analysis to support strategic decision making and planning, understand business trends, and communicate segment performance. The Finance Senior Manager will focus on planning and analytics on revenue and revenue generating metrics.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
The role involves extensive business partner interaction (with business, strategy, and finance teams), collaborates with partners in various geographic locations, and reports to the Director of Retail Financial Planning and Analytics. The Senior Manager of Finance will be responsible for:
- Leading short- and long-range revenue planning and forecasting activities for Retail Investor through collaboration with key players
- Initiating ad-hoc analysis of Retail Investor’s key revenue streams, drivers/metrics and overall P&L, and delivering relevant insights to business partners to drive business decisions and influence outcomes
- Synthesizing and communicating the consolidated financial picture and outlook to senior leadership
- Developing business cases to support investment decisions and measure benefits to understand results across a diverse set of client segments, products and offers
- Performing other financial reporting needs as required (reporting, ad-hoc analysis, and projects)
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of related financial/business analysis and planning experience, demonstrating progression into increasingly sophisticated roles
- Outstanding analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and social skills; shown ability to form relationships and interact with many different audiences and levels of management
- Experience effectively handling several workstreams/projects concurrently and independently
- Understanding of finance and accounting principles and concepts
- Self-motivation, results-focused self-starter that demonstrates initiative and curiosity
- Experience sourcing data from database applications and working efficiently with large data sets
- Effective use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint applications is required; data querying and financial modeling skills strongly preferred
- Prior financial services industry experience preferred
Already a member? Sign In