Senior Manager - Group Internal Audit, COO
Bangalore, India | Standard Chartered
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:104 people have viewed this job
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit.It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
• The role of Senior Manager, Governance, COO, will work as part of a team to support the Head, Governance and Delivery, COO, in designing and managing the GIA Methodology Framework to deliver high quality outputs and support achievement of GIA’s functional strategy.
• This role works with the Manager, Governance, COO to identify trends in Internal Audit impacting the methodology, assess the impact of updates, develop communications and training relating to the methodology.Key to the success of this role will be to continue to support the function in its principles-based approach. ensuring that the framework meets industry standards and supports a shift towards dynamic (agile) auditing.The role holder will work with QA and other stakeholders to identify and share best practice relating to the methodology.
The role is focussed on driving improved performance in the function by ensuring the methodology remains fit for purpose and is flexible to meet the changing needs of the audit function of the future. The role holder will be expected to lead on benchmarking including monitoring external developments, embedding these in our practices to increase efficiency and improve the quality of audit deliverables.
• Lead the continuous improvement/refresh of the GIA Methodology and processes every six months, including preparation and coordination of GIA-wide methodology training for two days every year.
• Support the Governance and Delivery team to provide quality central support to the wider GIA, across teams and locations within the Group, on the implementation of the GIA Methodology.
• Enable smarter auditing through identifying opportunities to shorten audits while remaining focused on key risks.
• Working with the Manager, Methodology to support the Head, Governance and Delivery, in the professional standards mapping to ensure that the GIA Methodology is in compliance with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), Financial Services Code and other obligations.
• Monitor developments in IPPF and best practices in internal audit and support in its implementation.
• Working with the Manager, Methodology to perform the annual review of permanent variations to methodology and GIA MT delegation of authority in line with requirements of the GIA Methodology.
As the function expands its use of dynamic (agile) auditing, the role holder will be expected to ensure that the methodology meets these changing needs.On an ongoing basis, the role holder will work with the Head of Systems and Mi to ensure that the methodology and audit system support auditor efficiency and an improved experience.
In addition, the role holder will be expected to maintain an awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
Manage all changes relating to the methodology framework; manage information requests relating to the GIA methodology from stakeholders.
People and Talent:
Lead on training relating to the methodology for new joiners and existing staff.Support the wider team to effectively manage queries from staff on the methodology to ensure adherence to IIA standards.
Support the Head of Governance and Delivery in maintaining a rigorous risk management framework for the function.
Ensure that the GIA Audit Charter remains aligned with IIA standards and manage the yearly updates.Monitor and report on the function’s adherence to the IIA Code of Conduct including annual attestations; identification of potential risks to adherence.
Support the documentation of Key Operations and perform components of the Key Operations processes to support the GIA function as needed
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
COO; GIA MT; GIA staff
As part of the wider COO team, the role holder will be expected to support the delivery of the function’s priorities with ad hoc project work as required.
• Audit or Risk professional with a recognised qualification and membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors
• Work experience in internal audit, governance or related role
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Driven and self-motivated
• Able to deliver quality work with minimal supervision
• Team player and committed to learning
Already a member? Sign In