Senior Manager, Overseas Sourcing
San Francisco, CA, USA | Minted
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Functions:Purchasing / Supply Chain / Logistics
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
Excited to design and develop beautiful new physical products? Minted’s ability to continually innovate and bring new and beautifully designed products to market year after year has been a cornerstone of our success and growth. Take part in reinventing the future of retail by utilizing Minted’s advantage in crowdsourcing to create innovative and delightful products and services.The Director, Overseas Sourcing is a key partner in ensuring that Minted continuously brings fresh, unique design from Minted’s community of independent artists to life in the form of stationery, art, gifts, and home decor products.
Partnering with the New Product Development, Merchandising and Supply Chain teams, you will create an overseas supply network that elevates the Minted brand.You will establish and manage all overseas sourcing, manufacturing, logistics and suppliers across our direct-to-consumer, wholesale, and physical retail channels, and licensing & partnership opportunities with well-known brands and entities. You will be responsible for expanding Minted’s overseas vendor relationships and managing day to day partnerships to deliver high quality raw materials and finished products, while minimizing cost and time to market. You will have knowledge about and passion for sourcing best in class materials and finished products to grow our business.
The ideal candidate is a results driven leader who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and has a track record of delivering results. They are knowledgeable about sourcing in the home decor and accessories space, with significant textile experience. They have superb product intuition, strong project management, collaboration and communication skills, and the ability to both think strategically and roll their sleeves up to get things done quickly and with limited resources.
Based in Minted’s San Francisco office, this role reports to the Vice President, Product Marketing, and works closely with Minted’s founder and co-CEO, Mariam Naficy.This role requires in-office work (5 days per week) and significant domestic and international travel. Candidates must demonstrate a valid passport and proof of up-to-date vaccination status, including COVID-19.When not traveling, this role regularly interfaces via phone, email, and video conference with vendors in the US Eastern time zone, Asia, and Latin America; early morning, evening, and weekend availability may be necessary as business requires.
• Build and manage effective strategic relationships with overseas suppliers to support the company’s new product development, quality and cost goals
• Partner with the co-CEOs, new product development, merchandising and supply chain teams to develop, source and manufacture products to drive sales growth
• Manage production and sourcing, including materials knowledge, trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction, costing, SOP
• Negotiate with offshore partners to obtain competitive pricing and improve margin structures, while also ensuring quality standards remain aligned to the Minted brand
• Regularly visit overseas supplier sites to audit quality, verify capabilities, build expertise and relationships
• Occasionally move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. This role entails physically moving displays, boxes and other visual materials.
• Results oriented.You are most comfortable in work environments which are outcome-oriented and merit-based, and are highly motivated by goal accomplishment.
• A passionate customer advocate. You are ready to put the customer first and influence others across the company to think similarly.
• Receptive to change. You are flexible, adaptable, innovative, and open in response to competitive pressure and market change.
• A collaborative thinker.You enjoy an environment that has been structured for collaboration and interdependence. You are transparent and openly share information. You have experience working effectively with employees at all levels of a company.
• A strong communicator: You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others. You have the ability to influence key stakeholders and teams without direct authority.
• A systems thinker. You intuitively understand interdependencies, ask follow-up questions, and drive to solutions that balance the success of initiatives across revenue, quality, brand, and cost goals.
• A self-starter with the ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment and meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
Qualifications and experience:
• 6+ years of sourcing and product development of consumer goods for retail, with particular experience required in home decor, gifts, party goods and fabric goods.
• Vendor relationships: you bring to Minted an immediate network of trusted overseas manufacturers and a long track record of working in-region with overseas partners to deliver results.
• Materials knowledge: a passion for design and the categories that Minted participates in to source the highest quality products to meet customer expectations of Minted’s brand.
• Exceptional and obsessive detail orientation to ensure brand integrity and flawless execution.
• Project management skills: ability to work cross-functionally and outside the organization, and have a track record of achieving the results expected. You are extremely detailed and process oriented, balancing short-term and long-term needs.
• Exceptional presentation and communication skills with a strong ability to influence others across the organization, vendors, and suppliers.
• Analytical skills: You can make decisions quickly with imperfect data. You know how to measure and monitor results to move key metrics in the right direction. You are adept at Excel.
• Work ethic: You do what it takes to ensure every customer has a great experience with Minted, which involves working with cross-functional teams and sometimes making fast decisions and executing tasks quickly.
• 4 year degree in relevant field, highly preferred.
Already a member? Sign In