Senior Manager, Pricing Strategy
Camden, NJ, USA | Campbell Soup Company
Industry:Food & Beverages
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Senior Manager, Pricing Strategy, will be responsible for developing everyday and promotional pricing strategies, driving new price pack architecture solutions, and identifying price realization opportunities across Campbell Snacks in a manner that generates consumer demand to unlock growth opportunities against our core brands.
****This position can be based in Camden, NJ / Norwalk, CT and/or Charlotte North Carolina
- Lead the pricing strategy team within the Campbell Snacks Revenue Growth Management group.
- Establish multi-channel PPA strategies and long-term price realization opportunity pipelines across brands.
- Own the development and refreshing of everyday and promotional strategies across the snacks brands.
- Build strategic recommendations to include price point optimizations, channel strategy and pipeline development of white space innovation opportunities.
- Collaborate with business partners throughout the pricing and PPA process from strategy creation through in-market execution, gaining cross functional and leadership alignment on strategies.
- He or she will partner seamlessly with internal stakeholders and external resources to deliver outstanding results. We are seeking a talented commercial professional who thrives in a high-performing environment that encourages creativity, risk-taking, and bringing people along.
- This leader will serve as a pricing expert embedded into the Campbell Snacks business unit. He/she will lead pricing strategy across our robust snacks portfolio of iconic brands to deliver against identified business objectives.
- This role reports to the Director of Revenue Management and has two direct reports.
- College degree required (MBA preferred) ideally with a specialization in business, marketing, finance or related fields
- 7+ years of experience in a sophisticated environment within revenue management, finance, or brand marketing roles in a leading consumer packaged goods (CPG) company or other companies with strong marketing and brand pedigrees. Food and Beverage experience, and revenue management / pricing experience is highly valued.
- The ideal candidate will have specific background in pricing and/or price pack architecture, including experience developing frameworks that combine consumer insights and competitive information to enable the identification of price realization and price pack opportunities across a product portfolio.
Critical Competencies For Success
- Commercial Experience: The ideal candidate will have proven themselves as a strategic thought leader with a track record of successful progression in another organization(s). They will bring a complete commercial functional skill set including: Strategy development, brand positioning and vision, insight development, and communication development. Combined with a consumer first orientation, the strong operational and analytical skill-set that this candidate brings will enable the ability to methodically analyze product, channel, and pricing issues across our core categories and develop clear, compelling, fact based recommendations on product variations by channel.
- Collaboration with Colleagues: The ideal candidate will possess an open and collaborative style. He or she will be able to work closely with peers to use consumer insights and price strategy as an enabler for all aspects of our business. The successful candidate will be an excellent listener who demonstrates a natural ability to lead. He or she must be able to enroll others with a compelling vision to drive alignment and collaboration. This individual should be a charismatic leader who is comfortable managing through ambiguity in a fast-moving environment.
- Comprehensive Pricing Skills: The ideal candidate will have proven success in leading innovative pricing solutions. This includes the ability to ideate, validate, and commercialize on a set of opportunities leveraging an analytical approach.
- Strong excel modeling skills: Pricing strategy incorporates numerous data sources and frequently relies on complex excel modeling. Candidate must have comfort in creating tools that can be adapted and leveraged for scenario building and in working with large amounts of complex data.
- Familiarity and experience with syndicated data, such as IRI.
- Interpersonal/Influencing Skills:The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal abilities and a down- to-earth and straightforward style; he or she will be highly credible, persuasive, and one who engenders trust. The ideal candidate is articulate, confident and able to inspire people in terms of personal style. He/she will have strong written and verbal presentation skills and has the ability to simplify the complex. He/she will be able to present and support his or her point of view while considering the input of others.
- Campbell Values: The successful candidate will possess a strong ‘spike’ on “Dare To Disrupt” with an experiment fast and learn sooner mindset. They are comfortable with being uncomfortable and possess a natural ability to get close and understand consumers and customers.
Already a member? Sign In