Senior Manager, Software Engineering
New York City, NY, USA | News-Corp
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
realtor.com®, a leading destination used by millions of consumers to discover and create their perfect home. We have the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings, the most engaged users across all real estate online portals, and top rated mobile applications at the cutting edge of the mobile revolution.
Our exciting vision is to transform the real estate industry in supporting people to ‘love where they live’! We offer a startup-like fast moving culture, coupled with the financial stability of a billion-dollar company. You will engage with some of the best and the brightest co workers and leaders, learn and contribute, and have a great time. We work hard and play hard. We reward passion for innovation, creativity and quality.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic, cutting-edge work environment and desire to make a significant contribution to the business and to our customers and consumers, then make the Move!
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a skilled, highly motivated, and self-driven Senior Manager, Software Engineering (MSE) to lead one of our distributed software engineering teams. The charter for this team is crucial to our overall business strategy, and creating a world class consumer mobile experience that will move home shoppers further along their home buying journey, ultimately to accomplish their goal of buying a home.
The MSE is a key technical influencer and contributor through all stages of the software development lifecycle. You will be able to make an impact, leveraging your highly developed leadership and collaboration abilities to execute on broad cross-organization initiatives, producing industry-leading solutions. You will be a partner in designing and delivering the best solution for our consumers and customers.
What will you be doing?
- Guide mobile engineering teams to rapidly deliver value to our consumers and customers through Agile incremental implementation with high quality
- Brings a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to sophisticated problems.
- Collaborate with technical leads and architects to define a technical roadmap and maintain the overall architectural integrity of the Move products
- Continually optimize our tools and practices cross-team and cross-organization to experiment faster and deliver value more quickly
- Construct and maintain an environment of safety, integrity, trust, high quality, and continuous improvement
- Motivate the team and enthusiastically rally them around delivering against a wide variety of organizational initiatives
- Hire and build a distributed, happy, and successful team
What will you bring?
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years related experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in leading software engineering teams in a technology company
- Minimum 3 years of experience in leading mobile engineering teams
- A strong results and outcome-driven focus, understanding the value derived from rapidly shipping code and learning/iterating on the results
- Strong ability to coach and mentor engineers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Hands-on experience with high-level design and familiarity with best practices and design patterns for iOS and/or Android platform.
- Understanding of modern mobile architectures (Redux, MVVM, MVP, MVC)
- Strong empathy for our customers and a passion for exceeding their expectations, always!
- A passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing, and working in a team environment
- Experience building native applications
- Previously managed a team of 4-8 engineers with responsibility for mobile client
Do the best work of your life at Realtor.com
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Here, you’ll partner with a diverse team of experts as you use leading-edge tech to help people meet a crucial goal: finding their way home. And you’ll find your way home too. People are our foundation—the core that drives us passionately forward. At Realtor.com, you’ll bring your full self to work as you innovate with speed, serve our consumers, and champion your teammates. In return, we’ll provide you with a warm, welcoming, and inclusive culture; intellectual challenges; and the development opportunities you need to grow.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Already a member? Sign In