Senior Mananager, Marketing Research & Planning
Atlanta, GA, USA | Comcast
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Job Description:91 people have viewed this job
Responsible for managing, gathering, analyzing, and interpreting
information about a market, product, or service to be offered in that
market, and the past, present, and potential customers for the product
or service. Reviews and produces research into the characteristics,
spending habits, location, and needs of the business's target market,
the industry as a whole, and its competitors. Develops financial and
operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with
business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has
a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages
one or more groups of professional employees.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Manages and monitors Marketing Research Analysts and Representatives
within the Market Research & Planning team.
- Collaborates with the VP, Director, and cross-functional VPs and
Directors in creating and implementing research training modules.
- Oversees research projects and evaluates reports/summaries of
- Oversees the research of target markets, ratings, and market responses
to programs and campaigns.
- Manages Marketing Research budget.
- Manages the collection and analysis of relevant information concerning
current and potential markets and competitors.
- Trains management to use both accepted and innovative research
techniques, standards, and practices.
- Monitors research methods for adherence to standards and practices.
- Develops market research designs, designs studies to define market
segments, and conducts competitive research and analysis. Oversees
vendor management and works to ensure that consistent quality control
and project objectives are met.
- Applies and communicates marketing research design and analytics in
meaningful ways to the business and business owners.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Already a member? Sign In