Senior Principal Data Scientist
Boston, MA, USA | Cambridge Consultants
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
The AI group at Cambridge Consultants develops innovative new technology at the exciting intersection of Machine Learning, High-Performance Computing, and world leading product development. We work on projects ranging from small, fast-paced studies to large multidisciplinary developments of 50+ engineers. Cambridge Consultants pushes the cutting edge of experimental AI research in Digital Greenhouse, our own in-house research laboratory. We combine our research output with engineering rigor to create innovative and robust AI solutions to solve complex problems presented to us by our clients and create deep-learning systems that interact with humans in real time.
What we can offer
As a Senior Principal Data Scientist you will be involved in every stage of our technology development life-cycle, from developing proof-of-concept demonstrations for initial sales leads, to designing, implementing and testing innovative new products. You will bring your strong team leadership and collaborative skills to bear by taking significant responsibility for technical delivery, on projects ranging from small developments involving 2-5 engineers and data scientists to large-scale multidisciplinary programs. In addition to day-to-day project work, you’ll also play a part in creating the Cambridge Consultants of tomorrow, contributing to new IP generation, influencing the direction or our AI research and developing our capabilities in up-and-coming new technologies and techniques.
You’ll have the opportunity to steer your career along the path of your choice, whether you prefer meeting and talking with clients or perhaps leading large teams on multiple projects. Our collaborative and supportive working environment allows our engineers to quickly develop their skills and knowledge in unfamiliar areas, enabling us to drive the development of cutting-edge technologies evolving at a rapid pace.
What you can bring
- A passion for data science with a keen desire to broaden your horizons in new and exciting areas
- PhD (or MS with 3-5 years of experience) in engineering, physics, mathematics, or computer science
- A solid understanding of statistics, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning
- Creative thinking when faced with tough engineering challenges
- An imaginative and inquisitive mind and eagerness to learn new skills
- Experience of successfully leading project teams and mentoring colleagues
- Strong programming skills in Python, C or similar languages
- Managing data sets and AI frameworks (e.g. pyTorch or similar)
The following are not required, but any experience in these areas would be advantageous
- Acceleration with GPUs / parallel programming
- Experience working with AI compute infrastructure
Equal opportunity employer/veterans/disabled
Cambridge Consultants is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail email@example.com. This email is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Successful applicant must comply with the federal contractor Covid-19 Workplace Safety mandate requirements.
- Choice of medical dental and vision plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- 22 vacation days for full time employees
- Competitive base salary
- Pay for performance
- Profit share bonus plan based on company and individual performance
- 401K with discretionary company match
- Life Insurance
- Relocation assistance, if applicable
- 13 weeks fully paid Parental Leave
Already a member? Sign In