Senior Principal Network Engineer
Montgomery , AL, USA | BAE Systems
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. We have more than 80 locations across the U.S. and in Afghanistan, Djibouti, Germany, Japan, Korea, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
If you are a Network Engineer, we want to speak with you. Become part of a team that provides technical support for a large scale, global network. Responsible for resolving complex problems and issues escalated from Tier 1 technicians. Engages in a broad range of specialized network/system functional areas, such as network systems engineering, network topology planning, network route planning, management of network configurations, and modeling and simulation of the networks/systems. Analyzes network proactively to prevent failures due to equipment degradations or other causes. Assists in developing specific cutover/implementation plans based on established procedures. Accountable and responsible for maintaining accuracy of network database and associated documentation. Provides input for network maintenance and expansion planning. Interfaces with other technical experts on network performance, based on Department of Defense criteria, and recommends additions/deletions/reconfigurations. Researches, analyzes and/or develops reports of network/system operations, functions, or performance; network topology plans/changes; network route plans/changes; configurations, etc. Applies systems engineering disciplines to the provisioning of new service offerings over the network/system, often specifically tailored with military unique features. Applies knowledge of Performance monitor statistics.
Locations include: Scott AFB IL, Montgomery AL, Ogden, UT, Ft. Meade MD, Springfield VA
Typical Education and Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- DoD 8570 IAT - level II baseline certification. This is a GSEC, GICSP, Security+(CE), SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP (or Associate), or CASP certification.
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, configuration management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
-Experience designing, configuring, implementing and troubleshooting Cisco (multiple platforms) and Juniper (MX series) based networks.
- Experience with routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, and ISIS
- Knowledge of WAN architectures and work in an ISP environment is a plus
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes
- Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. - Must be dedicated to continued self improvement and willing to learn new technologies
Preferred Skills and Education
- ITIL foundation Certification.
- Cisco, Juniper, or other similar certification
Already a member? Sign In