Senior Principal Proposal Analyst
San Diego, CA, USA | Leading Manufacturing / Operations Company
Purchasing / Supply Chain / Logistics
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
At Leading Manufacturing / Operations Company, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Develops, plans and schedules proposals. Compiles cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications. Coordinates the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements from functional departments. Researches and analyzes historical data, develops cost models to support proposal efforts. Coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings. Participates in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives. Participates as a member of the contract negotiating team.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or related degree and 10 years of experience in Pricing, proposal preparation, financial analysis, cost management, planning or material estimating OR a Master's Degree with 8 years of relevant experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a current Secret Clearance updated within the last 5 years to start and the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance and special program access
- Very good analytical skills
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Time management skills : must be able to support multiple projects at the same time
- Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision
- FAR & DFAR experience
- Knowledge of business systems (SAP, Business Warehouse, ProPricer)
- Experience with Monte Carlo statistical software such as Crystal Ball