Senior Principal Software Engineer
Herndon, VA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking multiple Sr. Principal Software Engineer / Java developers to support a NG DoD program in Herndon, VA.
The new team member will be a member of the Engineering & Sciences (E&S) Eastern Region homeroom. Our team is chartered with providing the skills and innovative technologies to design, develop, produce and sustain product lines across the enterprise while providing a decisive advantage to our customer’s missions. The candidate will be a self starter and will be expected to manage and complete their tasks in a fast-paced results driven environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Design, develop, document, test and debug application software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions;
· Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with team lead and other team members in the planning, design, development, and testing of software
· Apply extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings
· Determine stakeholders' needs; Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
· Stand up presentation and proof-of-concept systems
· Ensure software standards are met
· BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 9 years related experience
· Experience working on Java technologies
· Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
· Experience working with PL/SQL
· Excellent analytical and research skills
· Previous Knowledge or Experience with Army Equipping Enterprise System (AE2S) and Army G-8
· Experience working with IDE (Jdeveloper, Eclipse etc.)
· Experience with Application Servers, such as Weblogic, Tomcat etc.
· Knowledge of XML, REST web applications, web services
· Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Knowledge of Windows, Linux Operating Systems
· Knowledge of Github, HP ALM, Jenkins, CodeCommit etc.
· Knowledge of DoD financial processes
Alrdeady a member? Sign In