Senior Product Designer, eCommerce
New York, NY, USA | Square
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Functions:Design / Graphic Design
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
**For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.**
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Square Ecommerce team and work on Square Online Store. You will provide high-quality execution, with an opportunity to drive impact for millions of small businesses around the world.
You will work on challenges a business owner might face while getting started, setting up, launching, and managing all aspects of selling online. Ecommerce is an essential part of Square's ecosystem, and you will drive the product’s design and approach on features and services that empower small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them
We believe in generalists at Square, and our Product Designers take projects from napkin sketches to final visual specifications. Daily responsibilities include: determining strategy and executing on it, balancing goals and priorities, developing alignment with cross-functional partners, and presenting work in design critiques and leadership reviews.This is a cross-functional role where you will work with other designers, product editors, analysts and engineers.
- Create ideas and present them to your cross-functional team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- Question and work with your leadership peers and bring conversations to next steps
- Mentor other designers, provide feedback, and find ways to improve their work
- Drive the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations to bring the team along
- Know when to bypass minor UX testing and lean on your expertise, but also when to propose initiatives to fill in the gaps
- Determine your point of view of what success means for a given initiative
- Take on complicated projects and seek the information you need to move forward
- At least (5-7) years of relevant professional experience
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources
Already a member? Sign In