Senior Product Designer, Payments Platform
New York, NY, USA | Square
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Functions:Design / Graphic Design
Job Description:62 people have viewed this job
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are looking for a senior Product Designer for the Square Payments Platform.
The Payments Platform is an open, global financial services platform for developers who serve sellers. Think of it as a bunch of legos that can be assembled into spaceships, castles, and other cool things. The individual pieces are not the same, but they are generic—they don’t dictate what can be built by composing them. The Payment Platform provides the necessary components to manage identity, process payments across multiple channels, hold and transfer funds, and provide accounting, reconciliation, and reporting in a secure and compliant way.
As a senior Product Designer on the Payment Acceptance team, You will drive design execution for the APIs and SDKs that allow developers to build payments experience in-person, in-app and online. You will also design our new Terminal API product, which lets developers integrate Square in-person payments in custom point-of-sale apps. Teams within Square and developers outside our company use these products to create remarkable products for small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them.
*For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio*
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for designing
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
- Imagination, customer empathy, and the courage to take principled risks and think about problems differently
- You proactively formulate ideas and present them to your cross-functional team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- You question and partner with your leadership team to bring conversations forward
- You effectively present work in a clear and in a manner appropriate to the audience
- You can guide the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations to bring the team along
- You know when to bypass minor UX testing and lean on your expertise, but also when to propose initiatives to fill in the gaps
- You can take on complicated projects and seek the information you need to move forward
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources
Already a member? Sign In