Senior Product Designer
Chicago, IL, USA | SpotOn
Functions:Design / Graphic Design
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
At SpotOn, we’re helping small businesses and restaurants compete and win with technology to better connect with their customers. Think marketing software, website development, ecommerce, reservations, online ordering, digital loyalty, review management, and both retail and restaurant point-of-sale (POS) solutions.
In the last year, SpotOn has:
- Raised $300M in Series F funding (valuing SpotOn at $3.6 Billion);
- Earned awards for Great Places to Work and Built In’s Best Places to Work; and
- Helped local businesses succeed with technology and support to battle through the labor shortage while also helping their employees earn more.
About the role
As a Senior Product Designer (UX/UI), you’ll be an important contributor to our growing team. We’re looking for someone who can uncover new design ideas, iterate on multiple solutions, conduct feasibility tests on prototypes, and communicate the results of design tests and project implementation. The ideal candidate will be skilled at each stage of the design process but always focused on the needs of the user.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with designers, researchers, content strategists, and other key business stakeholders to design and test user-focused solutions for both customer-facing and internal tools for mobile and desktop channels. You’ll help create innovative features and interactions that support SpotOn legacy and ongoing charter for outstanding customer service.
About the team
You'll be a core member of the SpotOn design team and will specifically be supporting the, which sits within the Marketing tool portion of SpotOn's product offerings. We're a location-distributed team across the US, Mexico, and Poland, and include product managers, project managers, front-end web, iOS, and Android developers, as well as back-end developers. You'll report to the Lead Product Designer. The current Design Team is formed by 20 people between Pod Leads, UX/UI Designers, and Illustrators.
As a designer on our team, you’ll be responsible for delivering design and innovation across one or more facets of the design process, including information architecture, interaction design, and usability. You will mainly be responsible for integrations to our Omni-channel products. We are looking for someone who can:
- Generate ideas for new design concepts and prototypes
- Visualize concepts for new and updated content experiences
- Communicate outcomes of design tests and project implementation
- Participate in design workshops for insights gathering
- Prepare research reports for circulation to stakeholders
- Prepare design visualization for communicating research outcomes.
What you'll need
- 5-6 years of experience in UX/UI design, content design, and/or technical writing or copywriting (Bonus)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or similar)
- A portfolio of relevant UX examples demonstrating your proficiency in UX, and the ability to discuss your involvement in the overall design process
- Ability to build and maintain strong, positive working relationships and collaborate with UX designers, UX researchers, and product managers
- Experience with tools such as Monday, Jira, Figma, or FigJam a plus
- Experience working for retail or web-based companies, interactive/ad agencies, or start-ups a plus
- Experience with Agile development process a plus
- Experience with UX Research a plus
We can’t take care of our clients without taking care of our employees first, and that’s why we invest in you with a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Our base pay range starts at $110,000-$120,000 for this role. Please note the salary range listed is just one component of a competitive compensation package which includes a company stock plan. Offers will be reflective of the candidate’s location and experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Everyone needs time to recharge, so we offer Flexible Time Off + 11 Company Holidays
- Headspace membership for guided meditation and stress relieving tools through the Sequoia App*
- Employee Resource Groups for Diversity and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA+, and other communities
- Desk, Chair and Monitor needed for your home office
- Monthly cell phone and internet stipend
- Tuition reimbursement for up to 2k per calendar year to assist with classes of your choice
SpotOn is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Already a member? Sign In