Senior Product Manager, Growth
New York City, NY, USA | Hopper
Job Description:76 people have viewed this job
• 5+ years experience as a product manager, especially in categories like gaming, e-commerce, or on Growth projects in other sectors
• Track record of building and launching innovative products that drove business growth
• Strong creative skills - you can come up with and test experimental product features that go beyond iterative or obvious improvements to the product
• Past success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
• Technical depth that allows you to communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of world-class engineers and data scientists
About the Job
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead new product growth/product marketing projects on our Growth Team.
For context, Hopper is the most downloaded travel booking app in North America, with over 60M installs to date and $423M raised. We're going to do over $1B in sales this year and weathered COVID with triple-digit revenue growth thanks to our proprietary suite of data-driven fintech products.
Our team is focused on accelerating Hopper’s user growth, which until now has been primarily through high-volume paid advertising. Now, we’re looking to build new products in our app that will help us activate, retain and acquire new users at scale. We’ll be testing a wide range of new ideas, from redesigning the onboarding, to building gamification, flash sales, team buying, and experimental features like live streaming into the app.
Overall, our goal is to pair Hopper’s world-class travel marketplace with the growth and retention mechanisms inspired by mobile games, super-apps, and category-leading retailers.
• Help rebuild the new user experience for Hopper users, from simple tests around onboarding to more experimental features
• Build new products around live promotions, rewards and gamification to help activate and retain users
• Manage a Product Growth roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation and analysis collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, drive execution, and report on the impact
• Collaborate closely with data science to dive deep into our data to understand our users
• Work with business leaders to help shape business cases, including return-on-investment analyses for new product initiatives
• Partner with design to ideate and wireframe new features that will be in the hands of millions of users across the globe
• Pare down an ideal feature to the minimum viable product identify what's essential for us to know if this is a good idea, what's not, and how we can limit cost and risk
• Understand complex technical issues, discern impact, and be able to explain the situation to maximize clarity and drive resolution
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Unlimited PTO
• WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
• Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
• Open communication with management and company leadership
• Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Already a member? Sign In