Senior Product Operations Manager
Atlanta, GA, USA | Cox Communications
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Senior Product Operations Manager to join our team!
This position is remote/work from home.
The Senior Manager of Product Operations is responsible for leading product management discipline standards across a product delivery stream and driving initiatives of strategic importance to the organization to enable product management excellence. This role works cross-functionally with key partners in the product development lifecycle, to define and execute best practices, facilitate learning to educate team members, and drive adoption of these standards. This role is responsible for driving a successful step-change improvement in product management practices to ensure our product development efforts achieve maximum impact in our market.
The Senior Manager of Product Operations will also focus on Product Readiness for Manheim Reconditioning, both wholesale and retail reconditioning. Reconditioning continues to be a growth engine for Manheim and several enhancements are geared for the future to grow this business. This role will work with product, business leaders, marketing, sales and public relations to drive consistent messaging internally and to our clients.
This position will work alongside Manheim Product Leaders and be directly responsible for leading strategic initiatives intended to support a high performing product management organization. The ability to execute is paramount, with an emphasis on shifting work processes and deliverables to align with best practices and ultimately build stronger products.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, motivated to define structure, establish processes and possesses the skills to build consistent reporting to measure product performance. This role will report to the Senior Director Product Operations and Commercialization and will be instrumental in building out product operations best practices, processes, and success measures across the Cox Automotive Product organization.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Consultation & Influencing: Partner with multiple Product Management teams across the delivery stream to define best practices, lead implementation of formal processes, drive adoption and sustained behavioral change. Ability to serve as a peer leader and influencer for our product leaders and be responsive to their needs.
• Product Management & Best Practices: Drive product management practices across multiple product teams. Implement processes that improve product management maturity and skills as well as elevate our go-to-market planning and ensuring commercialization goals are met. Keep the voice and perspective of the customer present in the product process.
• Product Reporting and Performance: Measure and report on KPIs, as well as assist product teams in developing action plans for risks and issues that arise. Establish / Strengthen proper internal controls to ensure compliance of established procedures.
• Skill-Building: Support training sessions and workshops to build team members’ product management capability. Leverage and adapt programs from the enterprise Product Center of Excellence.
• Product Roadmap Management: Work with Business and Product leaders to document and communicate the Product Roadmap across all boundary partners.
• Voice of Client: Keeps the voice and perspective of the customer present throughout the entire lifecycle of the product. Promote client-centric value propositions and positioning to inform commercialization strategy.
• Communication: Effectively uses persuasion and negotiation techniques with boundary partners. Builds networks of support for ideas and/or initiatives. Synthesizes information quickly and tailors messaging to audiences. Able to represent Cox Automotive at high-profile and/or public events.
• Change Management: Ability to drive change and create team alignment. Sees the connection point across initiatives and calculates the impact to adoption. Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to ongoing changes.
• Project Management: Engage Product leaders and team members to drive solutions to important, highly complex problems, where cross-department considerations are often present. Create, execute and track milestone-based product management discipline programs.
• Travel required up to 20%
• Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
• BA/BS degree in related field and 7+ years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Product Manager or Consulting experience
• Proven ability to develop and manage relationships across disciplines
• Experience building processes and systems to track performance using KPI's, metrics, analytics, dashboards etc.
• Experience in Agile or Scrum
• Experience in operational and change management
• Experience in customer expectation and relationship management
• Experience in project management
• Experience in product management
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation.We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO).
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Already a member? Sign In