Senior Program Manager
Louisville, KY, USA | BAE Systems
Job Description:48 people have viewed this job
BAE Systems is seeking a Senior Program Manager to join our Louisville, KY programs leadership team. We are seeking a candidate with experience leading large scale production programs who will report to the Director, Launching Systems, Submarine Programs, & Fleet Support with responsibility for managing all aspects of Virginia class submarines to ensure cost, schedule and technical performance and to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. The Program Manager must demonstrate the ability to work across functional lines to meet the program objectives and must develop and present program status at Program Management and Technical reviews with customers, and at monthly reviews with senior leadership. The Program Manager will develop and maintain pertinent program documentation including, but not limited to the Program Plan of Execution, Risk and Opportunity Management Plan and Life Cycle Management plan. The Program Manager:
Directs, coordinates and exercises authority for planning, organizing, controlling, integrating and completing for program of critical strategic significance. Ensures achievement of financial, schedule, technical and new business performance objectives for the program. Supports initiatives to identify new business development for the business area. Supports the development of strategic and financial plans for the company.
Supervises the initiation, organization, planning, authorization of work, management, control, management of change and close out of assigned programs according to the company’s processes.
Oversees the development and establishment of procedures and guidelines for daily operation of the assigned programs, and directs initial preparation, execution and revision of the Program Plan of Execution.
Oversees the implementation and execution of program information management systems and controls to carry out program tasks. Directs work of team members. Directs and monitors work results for meeting customer requirements, specifications and quality assurance standards. Regularly evaluates performance of assigned program tasks in terms of quality, cost control, and achievement of technical, schedule, performance and contractual objectives. Keeps upper management informed regarding program status and any technical, cost, schedule, or administrative problems within assigned programs.
Establishes, maintains and promotes good customer relationships. Ensures the coordination of work tasks with customer representatives. Ensures customers are informed on status and progress of assigned programs. Coordinates program reviews and directs the preparation of status and progress reports as directed in the Lifecycle Management Guidelines and the Operational Framework.
Identifies and develops new business opportunities. Develops capture plans and directs the development and preparation of proposals in response to various requests. Ensures that work statements are adequately defined and that staffing requirements are correct. Reviews make/buy decisions and approves the selection of subcontractors. Develops a multi-year strategic plan for the business area. Develops input to the company’s value plan for assigned area.
Supports fact-finding and contract negotiations with the customer. Represents the company at appropriate customer or sponsor meetings.
Directs the work activities of employees assigned and is responsible for supporting the selection, counseling, training, development and evaluation of the performance of team members. Ensures the adherence within assigned programs to the Operation Framework and the attestation to compliance within the appropriate sections of the Operation Compliance Statement.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years experience.
Required Skills and Education
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated program management experience.
- Experience managing a program with subcontractor business content.
- Experience managing Cost-plus-fixed-fee (CPFF), Cost-plus award Fee (CPAF) or Firm Fixed-Price (FFP) contract types.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience with relationship building, including the coordination of work tasks with key stakeholders and program leadership.
- Possesses the ability to interface with senior internal and customer personnel on significant matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Proficient with program scope management and cost estimating, including estimate to complete/estimate at completion (ETC/EAC) processes.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Ability to initiate, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to operate independently and proactively.
- PMP certification.
- Ability to manage risk and resolve issues in a variety of complex situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization.
Already a member? Sign In