Senior Program Officer, Supportive Services
New York City, NY, USA | Non Profit Organization
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Job Description:96 people have viewed this job
The Senior Program Officer of Supportive Services is a member of DOROT’s Senior Management Team and is responsible for ensuring clinical excellence for the seniors we serve and the staff that support them. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker with exceptional management and analytical skills, who has a track record in successfully inspiring and guiding staff through growth and transformation and using data to inform programmatic direction.
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, this Senior Program Officer of Supportive Services will provide leadership to three Program Directors who oversee Constituent and Community Services, Onsite and Special Programs and DOROT Westchester. The Supportive Services portfolio is comprised of 36 other staff members, budgets totaling $2.7 million, and a dynamic array of programs that integrate a vital layer of social work support into service delivery. The largest of these programs are:
· Door to Door, providing Travel Companions who escort seniors to essential appointments – such as medical services, the pharmacy and grocery store –and on walks, and shop on their behalf when needed.
· Friendly Visiting, matching volunteers with seniors for weekly or monthly visits that become long-lasting friendships based on common interests and experiences.
· Kosher Meals at Home, delivering frozen meals to approximately 200 of our most frail clients weekly.
· Onsite and Special Programs, offering classes on health and wellness, legacy arts, and advance care planning, as well as a variety of discussion groups and social gatherings on weekdays, occasional evenings and Sundays.
· Community-Based Peer and Intergenerational Programs in Westchester County, building social connections between volunteers and seniors.
· Synagogue Partnerships, working closely with clergy, staff and lay leaders to engage and care for elderly members of congregations.
As a Member of the Senior Management Team:
·Be an astute and creative thought leader for DOROT, driving strategic direction, agency-wide objectives and standards of excellence in collaboration with two other Senior Program Officers, the Chief Program Officer, the Chief Financial Officer, the Chief Advancement Officer and the Executive Director.
·Represent DOROT within the aging and social service communities, and use the insight gained from external networking to continually expand DOROT’s expertise and build strategic partnerships.
·Work with Directors to advance and clarify social work practices and systems and ensure uniformity in agency policies and protocols both intra- and inter-departmentally.
·Embrace a forward-thinking and creative approach to organizational growth and expansion – help to create and implement effective solutions and new and/or modified program initiatives that align with DOROT’s mission and strategic vision.
·Collaborate with peers and board leadership on a variety of issues related to good governance, new initiatives, data tracking and program assessment.
·Other duties as assigned.
For Portfolio of Programs:
·Provide leadership, management supervision and operational guidance to reporting Directors; be accountable for the individuals served and the outcomes created by their departments.
·Oversee the establishment of annual priorities, budgets and comprehensive work plans using good business practices; this includes:
oEstablishing and continually refining short and long-term program goals, benchmarks, and logic models; and
oMonitoring progress to ensure challenges are being addressed in a timely manner and that program expectations are met.
·Lead the agency in implementing appropriate intervals for client reassessments and other types of client touchpoints.
· Ensure that the collection and review of data and evaluation measures become an integral part of program discussions; work with Directors to create systems for timely data entry and review of reports generated from the client management database.
·Partner with the Development team to formulate grant proposals and reports. Oversee the execution of grant activities and the successful achievement of deliverables.
·Coordinate with the Human Resources, IT and Marketing and Communications Departments as well as all Program Directors to support efficiency, cooperation and synergy throughout the agency.
·An LCSW with ten or more years of program management and senior leadership demonstrating an increasing level of responsibility in a social service agency
·Five or more years of experience supervising social workers; SIFI preferred
·A comprehensive understanding of the field of aging and social work best practices, with a proven track record in establishing effective operational policies and protocols to maximize client services
·Advanced proficiency in utilizing metrics to inform and/or improve program goals
·Knowledge of database functionality and reporting
·Demonstrated experience fostering a spirit of collaboration and team building with staff during both routine and transformational periods, and capacity to address challenges with flexibility and creativity
·Ability to think strategically and lead with good instincts, sound judgement and an entrepreneurial spirit
·Ability to empower others to achieve results
·Experience with and comfort in presenting at local and national conferences
·Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
·A passion, warmth and sensitivity for DOROT’s mission, as well as an understanding of Jewish values and the community
·Previous experience working with a program that engages volunteers a plus
Already a member? Sign In