Senior Project Architect
Carlsbad, CA, USA | DENNIS GROUP
Industry:Food & Beverages
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
We are seeking talented architects to support our industrial architectural practice.You will play a key role in all phases of architectural design and facility programming from proposal development through construction administration.As a Project Architect on the Dennis Group team you will:
• Prepare programming and concept development documentation to meet clients’ needs and budget
• Establish budget, task schedule, and other components of a project work plan with the Project Manager
• Execute applicable agency review analysis for codes, zoning, accessibility, life-safety, etc.
• Carry out design and architectural detailing tasks including site and building planning studies, elevation studies, stairs, functional space layouts, building sections, wall sections, special details, etc.
• Produce schematic, design development and construction documents; make decisions and negotiate critical issues in collaboration with the Project Manager and other team members
• Provide leadership to the project team (all disciplines) for documents coordination including design drawings construction documentation and specifications
• Help maintain and improve office architectural standards, details and production tools.
• Perform construction administration duties - RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, on-site observation, etc.
• Maintain contact with clients, consultants, and contractors
• Participate in marketing efforts and presentations to prospective clients
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
• 6+ years of professional experience in all phases of architectural projects
• Architectural license desired with LEED accreditation a plus
• 6+ years of commercial or industrial project experience
• 6+ years of experience with building codes, specifications, building and engineering systems
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office is necessary.Experience with Revit is a preferred but not required.
• Advanced experience in all phases of a project including construction documentation review
• Understanding of the project management process
• Effective verbal, written and graphic communication skills
• Professional and collaborative work ethic
Already a member? Sign In