Senior Regional Sales Manager, Mass Cytometry
Detroit, MI, USA | Fluidigm
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Job Description:159 people have viewed this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a Senior Regional Sales Manager, Mass Cytometry- Midwest Territory to identify, qualify, develop and close opportunities for the sale of our Mass Cytometry and Imaging Mass Cytometry Systems and consumables. Prospects and customers are within public and private accounts, including pharma/biotech, CROs, Translational Medicine labs and academic institutions. You will work independently, yet in close relationship with Fluidigm Field Applications Scientists, Demand Generation Executives and additional key business partners to maximize opportunities for revenue growth as outlined by the organization.
Territories: Midwest and Pacific Northwest
Our dynamic and growing business requires a strong individual contributor responsible fully for individual territory sales. Excellent visibility and growth opportunities for stellar performer.
- Control, organize and direct the development of the business - including meeting or exceeding sales targets, accurate forecasting and budget/expense management
- Develop account sales plans and coordinate specific activities within targeted accounts in consultation with sales management
- Partner with regional and corporate marketing and sales management to identify and implement sales tools
- Implementation of Sandler Selling methodology while prospecting, closing and transacting the Mass Cytometry business within the territory
- Produce bi-weekly rolling sales forecasts
- Drive focused launch of new products in order to meet commercial revenue goals and expectations
- Achieve technical knowledge and expertise on products, applications and workflows related to assigned product lines within the Mass Cytometry franchise
- Maintain prospects, funnel health/management and customer communication records in corporate CRM system (sfdc); apply rigor and consistency to all aspects of selling tools, resources and processes
- Report and perform against quarterly goals aligned to overall corporate and regional objectives
- Generate weekly activity updates in sfdc including sales forecasts, competitive information, sales call reports and miscellaneous issues relevant to revenue growth
- Participate in the design of the regional marketing tools, as needed
- Participate in scientific conferences, tradeshows and related field support activities, as required
- Develop sound and professional customer relationships, monitor customer satisfaction and any needs for improvement; customer intimacy a must, as well as partnership with KOLs and strategic alliances
- Effectively communicate goals, competitive activity, issues, and accomplishments to manager
- Travel within assigned territory as necessary to conduct field sales calls, meetings, seminars and all related sales activities (minimum 50% travel, as required, and without pandemic restrictions in place)
- Represent the company professionally, ethically and morally at all times
- B.S. Degree (i.e. Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology etc.)
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of successful field sales in the fields of Molecular Imaging, Immunology, Flow or Mass Cytometry is preferred. Proven capital equipment sales track record a must. Delivering on sales plan for consumables attachment and growth expected
- Experience in driving the adoption of innovative technologies and platforms into immunology, cytometry and imaging markets; implementation into clinical pathology laboratories is vital.
- Market segment sales experience in private, public and government sectors: Pharma/Biotech, CROs, Translational, Government and Academic institutions
- Highly skilled negotiator, clear communicator and successful account manager. Success will depend on demand generation through active prospecting, follow up and networking. Excellent time & territory management ability
- Perseverant, proactive and a strong sense of initiative and competitive spirit; passion to succeed and win; entrepreneurial drive with a team approach
- Sense of urgency, time and territory management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Effective communicator with high emotional intelligence to work with a variety of customers and stakeholders
- Commercial excellence is a must: solid presentation skills, successful sales skills and Sales training experience and demonstrated experience of achieving or exceeding sales targets; Sandler Selling Skills Methodology a plus
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin
Already a member? Sign In