Senior Regulatory Affairs Counsel
Arlington, DC, USA | Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Working closely with the General Counsel, Vice President, Global Regulatory Affairs and other executives in the Company, the individual in this position performs a wide variety of tasks designed to maximize the Company’s effectiveness in dealing with U.S. and foreign government regulatory agencies, other governmental bodies, as well as the Company’s trade associations.As a member of the Legal Department, the individual also assists on general legal matters for the Company, including commercial transactions, government contracting, litigation and compliance. Also, the individual will have the opportunity to be actively involved in government affairs and public policy matters, as necessary and desirable.
• Liaises with the U.S. Department of Transporta¬tion (“DOT”) on fitness, citizenship, compliance and related regulatory matters.
• Supports Company efforts to acquire new route rights and to renew or transfer existing route rights.
• Participates in DOT and FAA proceedings in which Company has an interest.
• Represents Company in air service negotiations between Unite States and other countries.
• Interfaces with U.S. Executive Branch to enforce rights under air services agreements.
• Assists Flight Operations Department secure scheduled and charter permits to fly to other countries and complete related tasks, including foreign branch registration.
• Advises Sales & Marketing and Flight Operations Departments about traffic rights, flight restrictions and international regulation of commercial arrangements.
• Drafts commercial aviation agreements, including wet-lease, code-share, block-space and agency agreements.
• Working collaboratively with the Government Relations team, helps to develop and advocates for Company’s aviation policy priorities.
• Other activities include: monitoring DOT and other regulatory agency activities; maintaining DOT route listings; assisting Company on “as requested” basis with other U.S. regulatory agencies (g., FAA, CBP, TSA, FDA, OFAC); advocacy before foreign regulatory agencies; counseling Company on antitrust, anti-corruption and data privacy issues; participating in Airlines for America and Cargo Airline Association activities; lobbying about pending legislation and potential Executive Branch actions; counseling on regulatory aspects of loan documents and SEC filings; and assisting with trademark, commercial and litigation matters, as required.
• Juris Doctor degree at accredited law school.
• Minimum of five years of substantive experience in U.S. regulatory matters, in house, at a government agency and/or at a highly regarded law firm.
• General knowledge of U.S. and foreign government regulation of commercial aviation, including underlying laws and conventions, or interest in acquiring such knowledge.
• Helpful to have general understanding of airline practices and airline industry economics.
• Bar admission required. Willingness to pursue NY Bar admission as appropriate.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Already a member? Sign In