Senior Robotic Controls Engineer - MedTech
Boston, MA, USA | Cambridge Consultants
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
At Cambridge Consultants we get to tackle some of the toughest problems faced by the medical industry. Our clients range from small start-ups to large multinationals all over the world. The technology that we encounter and build in our work varies from one project to the next as we aim to advance the state-of-the-art in healthcare. Your talent and depth of experience in developing novel robotic control systems is what will be behind tomorrow’s computer-assisted surgical tools and medical devices.
Cambridge Consultants is a technical consultancy with hundreds of world-class engineers. We take on a large variety of challenging projects with a focus on delivering breakthrough innovations. As a Senior Robotic Controls Engineer, you will get the opportunity to learn new skills and work in diverse applications with a wide range of technologies including hyperspectral imaging, advanced robotic manipulators, and machine learning. In this role, you will help create the next generation of medical devices ranging from surgical navigation and advanced visualization to intelligent robotic systems for the future of digital surgery. Each project is a new opportunity to learn and deliver.
DAY TO DAY:
- Contribute to early-stage development through analysis of novel concepts.
- Perform rigorous kinematic and dynamic modelling and simulation.
- Develop and test control algorithms for complex electromechanical systems.
- Work closely with the mechanical design team to develop mechanisms to meet aggressive performance targets.
- Lead discipline expertise in robotic system control algorithms, modelling, simulation, and optimization within cross-functional teams.
- Lead and support internal efforts to develop new technology offerings.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- MS or Ph.D (preferred) in engineering with an emphasis on robotics, dynamics, controls, or equivalent degree
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Excellent communication skills
- Deep knowledge of robot manipulator kinematics and dynamics
- Matlab and either C++ (preferred) or python programming skills
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with tele-operated robotic systems
- Experience in continuum robotics
- Experience with surgical applications
- Experience with real-time software applications and RTOS
- Knowledge of probabilistic, computer vision, or machine learning techniques
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) are important concepts in the workplace and Cambridge Consultants Inc. is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, veteran status, military service, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law. Cambridge Consultants Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions in accordance with applicable la
- Choice of medical dental and vision plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- 22 vacation days for full time employees
- Competitive base salary
- Pay for performance
- Profit share bonus plan based on company and individual performance
- 401K with discretionary company match
- Life Insurance
- Relocation assistance, if applicable
- 13 weeks fully paid Parental Leave
Already a member? Sign In