Senior Software Development Engineer, Amazon Lex
Berlin, Germany | Lab126
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:80 people have viewed this job
We're looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) who is excited about the opportunity to be a technical leader for a team that is building internal web applications on AWS for internal Amazon customers.
We're an agile development team, based in Leipzig, which owns internal web applications supporting the OpsTech IT organization and are actively developing new products and services for this org.
Operations Technology IT (OpsTech IT) is the central organization supporting all Operational sites (e.g., Fulfillment Centers, Delivery Stations, Sortation Centers) WW with IT infrastructure and corresponding services, e.g., monitoring or device management.
The ideal candidate is passionate about software development and has a track record of leading design and implementation of new products and features. They should care about the user experience and be confident providing leadership on both back and front-end initiatives. The ability to mentor and lead a team to build well-architected software within a positive team environment are key to the role.
· 8+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer or Developer
· Some travel to the Leipzig office needed
· Demonstrated proficiency in at least one modern programming language, such as Java (preferred), Kotlin, or Python
· Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
· Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
· Creates reliable/maintainable code and finds creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems
· Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience driving the technical design and implementation of large-scale, multi-tiered software applications using service oriented architectures
· English language fluency (written & verbal), German language preferred but not a must
· Educational background (e.g. Masters, PHD) in Computer Science
· 10+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Developer
· Demonstrated proficiency in multiple modern programming languages, such as Java, Kotlin, or Python
· Experience communicating directly with users, software development teams, or management in order to share plans/vision or collect data (e.g. requirements) to drive product improvement
· Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
· Track record of interviewing & hiring top tier engineering talent
· Experience and/or a strong interest in AWS and/or cloud computing in general
· Experience building software solutions that leverage AWS services (e.g. S3, DynamoDB, EC2, ECS, SNS/SQS)
Already a member? Sign In