Senior Software Development Engineer - FinTech
Herndon, VA, USA | Lab126
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:78 people have viewed this job
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineers for FinTech Fixed Asset Team. Fixed Assets is a significant line on Amazon’s balance sheet and growing 26% YOY. They range widely from buildings, furniture, servers, delivery vehicles, drones, airplanes, robots, etc. and are in every country in which we do business. We are building systems that service the fixed asset needs of tax, accounting, and finance teams worldwide, and automating transactions from asset creation through disposal. It is multi-year challenge and we are building a team with the technical chops to revolutionize fixed assets well beyond what any tier 1 ERPs can do today. This is your opportunity to make your mark in the design and architecture of the new system.
As a Senior Engineer, you will play a leading role in the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale and complex software systems. You will learn and explore new possibilities and leverage your experience to deliver innovative solutions to challenging problems. You will communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customer. You enjoy collaborating with others to increase the effectiveness of the overall team. Your code, design, and implementation decisions should set a great example to other engineers. You will also have the opportunity to impact the technical decisions in the broader organization as well as mentor other engineers in the team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· BS in computer science or equivalent
· Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and problem solving
· · MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· · Experience in communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management to about requirements, product features and technical designs
· · Proven track record of leading software projects and influencing engineering best practices within the team.
· Experience architecting systems on AWS platform and service oriented architecture
Already a member? Sign In