Senior Software Development Engineer - FinTech
Seattle, WA, USA | Lab126
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:71 people have viewed this job
As a senior engineer in this database platform team, you will lead building our next-generation purpose built database platform that allows our customers to gain insights into their timeseries data. This high performance, low-latency database will be purpose built for applications which exhibit definitive data patterns and need massive write ingestion scale and highly performant and SQL supported Queries.
The software services have unprecedented scale, performance and durability requirements. You will lead the software development of large-scale distributed purpose built database system; in Java, C/C++ and other languages using open source technologies and Amazon proprietary technologies. This includes software applications dealing with HTTP/REST services, asynchronous messaging, event-based technologies, real-time failure detection system, horizontal and vertical scaling, management and monitoring plane workflows, auto-remediation, serverless and auto scaling, fault tolerance, backup and restore technologies, disaster recovery and prevention. You will have the opportunity to develop deep expertise in areas like distributed systems, query engines, open source applications and performance optimization and contribute to the leading open source big data and analytic frameworks. As a member of the purpose built Storage Platform team, you will also get to work with exceptional team members and be directly involved in growing and mentoring junior engineers on the team.
To apply for this role, we are looking for folks with solid analytical, design and problem diagnosis skills, expertise with systems programming, database internals, high-performance applications, distributed systems or service design is a plus. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. With your technical expertise you will manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Expert knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Java, C and C++
· 7+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support, building scalable system software and/or Services
· Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
· Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
· Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
· Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience in taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers in all aspects of their engineering skillsets
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, product strategy and influence outcomes in technical decision-making
· Experience working with storage and database technologies.
· Solid understanding of performance and efficiency with a strong customer focus
· Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Already a member? Sign In