Senior Software Development Engineer
Seattle, WA, USA | Lab126
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:80 people have viewed this job
The Alexa Connected Devices organization builds primitive services applicable across Alexa enabled devices to simplify customer interactions and developer integrations with Alexa. We delight our customers by making Alexa setup as easy as screwing in a light bulb and by allowing customers to use their Alexa enabled devices naturally. We delight our enterprise developers with easy to use APIs.
Some info about this opportunity and our team:
· The changes we make directly impact the customer experience on Alexa visual experiences and how customers interact with their devices using their voice.
· This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical organizations and product managers across Alexa – with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
· You will design new innovative solutions for our platform based on Service-Oriented Architecture, that has a direct impact on customers.
· We’re looking for candidates that have acted as a lead developer and built high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
The Senior Software Development Engineer will:
· Solve complex architecture and business problems in an extensible and simplified way
· Define and influence technical strategy and software architecture
· Innovate on and expand distributed systems
· Apply core software engineering skills daily – such as coding in Java, OO and systems design, and problem solving – while utilizing advanced algorithmic and analytical skills
· Be involved in a multitude of diverse technologies and software engineering models that are used in Service Oriented Architecture
· Mentor other developers on the team or across teams
The ideal candidate has a track record of launching projects with Java/C#, C++, Perl, and distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform as well as deep expertise in mobile application platforms.
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or in an equivalent discipline
· 8 plus years of professional experience in software development/engineering
· Proficient in at least one of the following: Java, C#, or any other high-scale programming language
· Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis and design
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experienced driving ambiguous problem areas in existing or new software initiatives
· Master's Degree/PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering
· Design experience with multi-tenant, role-based architectures with granular permissions models
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems in Java/C#/other modern languages that have been successfully delivered to customers with other engineers working under your guidance
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operational excellence
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers for their career growth and effectiveness
· Experience in communicating with users, partner teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Expertise in defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Expertise in AWS products and services, and experience developing in a Linux environment
· Experience applying service-oriented architecture techniques to production use cases
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Already a member? Sign In