Senior Software Engineer, Azure
Gurgaon, India | Gartner Consulting
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
About this role:
The Cloud Center of Excellence Team is responsible for developing Gartner’s capabilities in automating and streamlining IT infrastructure processes and tasks while improving Gartner’s capabilities and service offerings with greater self-service abilities using public cloud platforms and open-source technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of application developers, operations engineers, architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions that you build.
- Collaborate with colleagues to support and improve architecture, systems, processes, standards and tools.
- Lead technical discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
- Design, implement, and maintain server, storage, network, and security infrastructure as code.
- Build reusable pipelines for application deployments.
- Write and maintain code for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems/infrastructure with a focus on immutability and containers.
- Develop, implement, and test automated data backup and recovery, and disaster recovery procedures across multiple regions.
- Write and maintain clear, concise documentation, runbooks and operational standards including infrastructure diagrams.
- Assist development teams in the creation and understanding of automated application configurations.
- Ensure all solutions are properly monitored and instrumented
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in development, test and production environments.
- Design and deploy scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant distributed systems.
- Continuously identify, adopt, & refine best practices.
- Educate/mentor product teams and junior engineers.
What you’ll need:
- MS or BS degree in computer science or related focus, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Software and/or Infrastructure, with a desired 3+ years in a relevant cloud, Kubernetes, automation development, and/or orchestration positions.
- Experience with containers, docker, Kubernetes, serverless functions is required.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations.
- Multi-year experience in application development and configuration automation.
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Understanding of immutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code concepts
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS) and Windows system administration experience required
- .Net, Shell, Python, Groovy, Powershell, Kubectl or other programming language experience is a must
- Hands-on experience with development on serverless compute
- Knowledge of the various services and capabilities of cloud computing platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running in the cloud
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with Infrastructure Definition/Provisioning tools (Terraform, Cloudformation, ARM) desired
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Ansible, HashiCorp Packer) desired
- In-depth knowledge working with and managing Git (Bitbucket,Github)
- Experience using log management tools (Splunk/ELK) for troubleshooting
- Any exposure or hands on experience with APM tools (Dynatrace/New Relic) a plus
- Experience monitoring cloud and on-premise infrastructure and applications
- Hands-on experience with Azure services (Proficiency with PowerShell, ARM Templates, Azure Policy, Azure CLI, Azure Rest API)
- Cloud Certifications (Azure Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, or other cloud professional certifications) desired
- Continuous improvement mindset
Who you are:
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Good communication skills and ability to work with global teams to define and deliver on projects
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for technology and keeping up with new trends
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Already a member? Sign In