Senior Software Engineer - Digital Health.
Cambridge, United Kingdom | Cambridge Consultants
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
Our Medical Technology Division develops cutting edge Medical Devices that are often connected and part of a digital healthcare platform, providing innovative services that improve outcomes such as: actionable insights based on novel biomarkers, real time intra-operative diagnostics, AI based imaging processing and more.
You will work at the intersection between the Medical Device and Digital Services and contribute the whole product and system development lifecycle from concept to validation as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
This role will require a good understanding of both embedded software and cloud systems in order to bridge the gap between the two, and provide leadership to teams of expert on both ends of the spectrum.
We develop systems that require the integration of a wide range of disciplines and technologies such cloud computing, edge computing, digital communication, wireless power transfer, statistical machine learning & AI algorithms, various novel sensors or imaging techniques, actuators, fluidics, mechanics, mechatronics and biochemistry. The role requires an all-round engineering knowledge, good teamworking skills and willingness to extend your knowledge into new areas.
Each project is different, and you will get involved at all stages of the product development lifecycle and client facing activities. You may be working on multiple projects simultaneously, taking responsibility for the delivery of the assigned tasks, whilst maintaining a rigorous approach that’s in line with regulated industry standards.
This is an exciting opportunity to be in a leadership position of a growing capability
The role may include some travel (when safe to do so).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical leadership at the intersection between embedded software and digital services
- Working within a multidisciplinary team to develop concepts, architectures, designs, specifications, and test protocols for connected medical devices and digital healthcare services that may include interfacing with sensing, imaging, cloud or AI based systems.
- Work with business developers and subject matter experts to identify and refine opportunities
- Work with project manager to define work programmes and budgets and taking responsibility for execution of specific tasks, which may include writing documents and coding, as appropriate
- Evaluating and developing cutting-edge technologies to develop our capability in the area of digital healthcare
- Mentoring junior engineers and helping to expand the group’s capabilities
What you can bring
As this is a role that spans across two widely different areas of software development the only requirements for the role are:
- a good degree in a relevant subject such as, for example: Electronics Engineering or Computer Science
- Leadership experience and good communication and presentation skills
- A keen interest in the area of digital healthcare
The ideal list of relevant experience we are looking for is quite extensive; however, we do not expect any candidate to tick all the boxes, as long as your experience across the board is balanced enough to enable you to lead a team of experts, we encourage you to apply.
- Experience with developing IoT devices and service
- Experience with mobile application development under Android or iOS
- Experience with cloud-based services (e.g.: Azure, AWS, GCP, .. )
- Experience with cloud-based data management (e.g.: S3 , MySQL, … )
- Experience in developing real time embedded software on bare metal or by means of an RTOS;
- Experience with wireless communication protocols (e.g.: WiFi,, LTE, Bluetooth, Zigbee, … )
- Experience with healthcare data standards such as (e.g.:HL7, FHIR, DICOM, … )
- Experience with Image processing or machine vision
- Experience with Machine Learning or AI
- Experience in developing Medical Software, Healthcare Software or Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) or, alternatively, experience in software development in any regulated industry such as Automotive, Aerospace or Nuclear
- Experience with cybersecurity
- Experience with data sovereignty and data privacy issues (e.g.: HIPPA, GDPR , .. )
- Experience with risk management
- Competitive salary reviewed anually
- Company profit share
- Generous pension
- Hybrid working model
- Flexible working hours and location
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Comprehensive insurance - Life, disability, private healthcare and travel insurance (business & leisure)
- Enhanced family leave benefit of 13 weeks full-pay parental leave for those that meet qualifying criteria
- Career development and training opportunities
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- If travelling to Cambridge by train; Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park
- Whilst in the office; Free canteen - breakfast, lunch & refreshments
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees' careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.
Already a member? Sign In