Senior Software Engineer in Test and Automation (PPD)
Foster City, CA, USA | Visa
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
The Test Engineering team in VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) delivers quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of delivering projects that support the World Wide Business Releases quarterly, monthly and weekly projects and maintenance work, as well as multiyear infrastructure projects that introduce new programming logic via, C++ and Object Oriented code. We also support and work with other peer Test Engineering organizations on integration, downstream testing to ensure no defects affects production processes.
The Payment Products Test Engineering team is committed in leveraging innovative technologies to enhance software quality and to accelerate time-to-market. We test approximately 800 to 1000 changes to our systems in any given year while collaboratively maintaining a better than 99.7 percent fail safe percentage to an authorization system that supports up to 65,000 transactions per second. Visa has one of the most visible and most used comprehensive payment systems in the world. It is an exciting time for any professional to join the Payment Products Test Engineering team.
The Sr. Software Engineer in Test, Payment Products Test Engineering, will be based in Foster City, California and will report to Visa's Payment Products Test Engineering Management based in Foster City. As the Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will test software applications and features using test suites and scripts, perform anomaly reporting, software analysis, develop automated software test packages using various technologies, perform functional and regression testing, apply black box and white box testing techniques and conduct software development data validation functional and performance testing.
- Design and develop test plans and functional test cases from business requirements and conceptual documents with a focus on coverage, performance and automation.
- Collaborate with the Development, Product and System Architecture teams to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues
- Designing and implementing C# based test automation solutions
- Create, update, maintain and execute automation suites (using Mainframe and Open system based technologies) and other testing tools as needed for use by QA.
- Enhance, maintain existing automation test tools based on REXX, C#, VB.Net.
- Investigate bugs using various available tools and logs
- Respond to inquiries from users and technical support regarding functions and operations of software programs
- Identify process improvements, error trends and/or the root causes and make recommendations for remedies to colleagues and management.
- Support cross-functional teams in integrated test efforts.
- Report project status and issues to Project Managers and Management
- Implement standard processes, tools, and metrics to deliver large-scale projects from inception to conclusion that meet quantifiable business objectives.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 1 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- 2-4 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or no experience with a PhD.
- 2-4 years of experience in software development or writing complex test automation for enterprise applications.
- Strong programming and SW design skills in C#, Java and other OO language
- Experience in Windows Client-Server architecture and programming
- Experienced in industry best practices in SW development processes: Unit testing, OO design, code reviews etc. Understanding of reusable coding techniques
- Experience in REST API testing
- Experienced in REXX and/or REXX PIPE coding for use in Automation scripts
- Good understanding of QA processes and methodologies
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Proven understanding of white box, grey box and black box testing techniques
- Strong experience in designing and developing Automation framework for Functional, Load, Regression and Performance Testing.
- 2 years of experience in Automation /Tool development and scripting abilities using C in .Net Environment.
- Object oriented Programming concept with strong Programming skill Experience in C++ and Java
- Experience testing Mainframe based applications and databases is a plus.
- Knowledge of web technologies such as JSON, SOAP, XML, HTML, and CSS
- Knowledge of Postman and Groovy scripting will be a plus
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong ability in root cause analysis of issues, resolving testing issues, and driving issues to closure.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a globally distributed team in a high performance organization.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize work and maintain focus
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment
- Familiarity with zTPF and IBM S/390 Assembler Language.
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL, or MySQL) will be a plus
- Familiarity and knowledge of ISO 8583 and XML messaging
- Experience with Visual Studio's Coded UI module
- Implementing solutions using Jenkins or some other CI tool
- Experience using version control repository and source code management products such as GitHub, TFS etc. and other tools like Jira, SharePoint, Wiki and Jenkins etc.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting.The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Already a member? Sign In