Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Palo Alto, CA, USA | WePay
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Does working with real data and having an impact on the small businesses that are the backbone of the US economy excite you? What about the opportunity to learn from Data Scientists and Engineers with domain expertise? With the Chase Acquisition, WePay’s payments systems will start supporting expanded use cases. To help with these exciting technical challenges, we are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our team.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will support the expanded use cases and help minimize the Risk/Fraud losses.You will be able to Increase WePay’s coverage of Machine Learning models, increase the iteration speed and reduce the time it takes to deliver a new model to the business. You will have the ability to work on groundbreaking technologies like Gradient Boosted Trees, Deep Learning, Tensorflow, etc.
You would be joining the Data Science team early as it is ramping up helping to craft the processes and practices for future team members. This is your chance to work on a wide variety of verticals in the small business space. With WePay, you will have a tangible and meaningful impact on business outcomes as well as the opportunity to learn and experiment with various research ideas.
What You Will Do
• Build machine learning systems and models for detecting payment fraud, merchant fraud, and merchant risk
• Design and Implement Knowledge graph capturing information from various 3rd party/partner data sources and relationships therein
• Drive the complete lifecycle from data extraction, model development through model deployment and production evaluation/maintenance
• Collaborate closely with engineering and risk detection/product teams
What Impact You Will Have
• Improve our fraud/risk detection capabilities
• Drag down losses and save hundreds of thousands of dollars for the company
• Cut down review volume and reduce risk analysts’ workload
What We Are Looking For
• 4+ years of practical experience in applied machine learning/model development
• In-depth understanding of machine learning and modeling algorithms such as decision trees, random forest, neural networks, SVM, etc.
• Technical expertise in data preprocessing, feature extraction, model building, and statistical analysis
• Proficiency in databases (SQL), and programming languages (at least one of the following: Python, R, Ruby, Java, etc)
• M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field (computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, statistics, etc.)
• Collaborative, team player who drives to resolve customer needs
• Outstanding track record of innovation and success
Bonus If You Have
• Text Mining and NLP
• Deep Learning (CNNs, RNNs, and sequence modeling)
• Graphical Models
Already a member? Sign In