Senior Software Engineer
Gurgaon, India | Gartner Consulting
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:82 people have viewed this job
About this role:
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for a passionate Infrastructure and DevOps Engineerfor our development teams located in Gurgaon, India. The DevOps Engineer will work closely with architects, software engineers and operations to design, build, deploy, manage and operate our development, test and production infrastructure. You will build and maintain tools to ensure our applications meet our stringent SLA's in a fast paced culture with a passion to learn and contribute. We are looking for a strong engineer with a can do attitude
What you will do:
- Implement best practices for software build, deployment and maintenance.
- Work with our infrastructure organization on environment setup, automation, and streamlining the stand up and scaleout of infrastructure.
- Configure our applications and troubleshoot their operational issues
- Develop and improve our monitoring and alerting systems.
- Assist with capacity planning and load testing of our applications.
- Automate the deployment of our platform and all the systems it depends on.
- Research various infrastructure and solutions in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Administration of AWS resources including provisioning, monitoring and maintenance.
- Manage Kubernetes cluster and continuously improve deployment process of our applications.
- Work with various Engineering teams to outline the DevOps execution strategy for different projects.
- Drive Automation efforts across the organization utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) tools such as Jenkins.
- Assist with organization wide security considerations. Find the best ways to identify security risks and incidents and suggest improvements and create automation as needed to detect and mitigate those risks.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- 5 years’ experience in the IT infrastructure work and 3 years of which needs to AWS related.
- Expertise in AWS platform, Linux Operating Systems, Networking, and Database concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Strong programming experience.
- Experience with scripting with Bash, etc.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management.
- Prior exposure to continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; detail-oriented with the ability to work independently.
Who you are:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you.
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off.
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work cultures
Already a member? Sign In