Senior Software Engineer
Gurgaon, India | Gartner Consulting
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:83 people have viewed this job
About this role:
This role will focus on automating and streamlining IT infrastructure processes and tasks while improving our capabilities and service offerings with greater self-service abilities using public cloud platforms and open-source technologies.
Drive optimization of infrastructure and application development deployment life cycles through the use of immutable infrastructure as code methodologies
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of application developers, operations engineers, architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
- Create and implement reusable automation for cloud platforms to be used by other teams designed to increase productivity
- Collaborate with colleagues to support and improve architecture, systems, processes, standards and tools.
- Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
- Write and maintain code for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems/infrastructure
- Educate/mentor product teams on the consumption of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) automation
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related focus, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of information technology experience
- Software engineering, software development, and programming background
- Kubernetes experience
- Understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Expertise in one or more programming languages:Go, Java, Groovy, Python
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Go programming experienceHands-on experience creating and integrating REST APIs
- Knowledge of Docker containers and related orchestration technologies
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, other)
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as IAM, EC2, EBS, ELB, RDS, S3, Route 53, Gateways, VPCs, CloudWatch, Lambda scripts
- Solid understanding of foundational technologies including network architecture, including load-balancing, IPSec VPNs, firewalls, iptables, NAT
- In-depth knowledge working with and managing Git (Bitbucket,Github)
- CI/CD processes and concepts
- Shell and Powershell experience
- Docker/ECS & serverless computing experience
- AWS Certifications a plus (AWS Certified: SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect)
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP
- Knowledge of the various services and capabilities of computing platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Linux and Windows operating systems
- Inter-workings of web applications and relational databases
- Immutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code (IaC) concepts
- Familiar with Infrastructure Configuration and Provisioning tools and concepts (Terraform, Cloudformation, ARM,Ansible, HashiCorp Packer, Puppet, Chef)
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status-quo.
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Already a member? Sign In