Senior Systems Management Engineer (Monitoring), Internal Services
London, United Kingdom | Deloitte Consulting
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Consulting - IT
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
The Systems Management Team are responsible for the monitoring, analytics and automation of the UK and Swiss infrastructure. Reporting to the Head of Operations the team’s purpose is to provide the tools and data to proactively identify potential issues with infrastructure, applications and user experience with a bespoke set of monitoring tools. Using this data the team also provide expert insight on the health, capacity and performance of services to drive continuous service improvement using metrics and KPIs. The team is also responsible for infrastructure automation focusing on automating the most repetitive, laborious tasks using a range of orchestration and PowerShell scripting.
From design and development to support and maintenance of all Systems Management platforms including Cloud Monitoring, System Center Suite, SolarWinds and supplement technologies this role will serve as the technical authority in the team focusing on solutions’ and processes’ standardization delivering the monitoring strategy for the UK and Swiss estate
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
• Development and management of the team’s tools - System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM), SolarWinds Orion Platform and Azure Monitor
• Showing the way in monitoring and best of class solutions that improve Deloitte’s monitoring, reporting and automation capabilities.
• Providing analytics for the day to day usage of management tool framework by Service Delivery teams ensuring systems are correctly and consistently used and the continual service improvement of these tools
• Design and deliver solutions using a mix of Management Pack authoring, Azure Monitor and SQL reporting/presentation.
• Take ownership for all technical documentation and processes including maintenance plans, periodical health reviews and CSI incentives.
• Managing regular updates to ensure Deloitte records are accurate including checks are performed on the Change Management Database (CMDB) and validate the integrity of platform assets by running weekly/monthly reports and ensuring appropriate changes are carried out
• Working in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Leeds, Milton Keynes, London
Work pattern: This is a permanent, full time contract opportunity
Your professional experience
• Expert level experience with Cloud Monitoring (Azure and AWS) utilising toolsets (Azure Monitor, OMS Log Analytics, Kusto and CloudWatch) as well as on premise monitoring with System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM 2016/Current Branch)
• Strong technical background with experience in a wide range of Server platforms/OS’s and server-side applications. (HP Servers and Cloud technologies, Microsoft Server Operating Systems – All versions)
• Strong experience in PowerShell scripting, SQL querying and reporting (SSRS), table building
• Desired experience in utilising SolarWinds toolset (including NPM, VMAN, SRM, NCM, NTA modules)
• MCSA Windows Server 2012/2016
• Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
• TIL Foundation V3
Alrdeady a member? Sign In