Senior Technical Director
Toronto, Canada | Rogers Communications
Industry:Telecommunications & Wireless
Job Description:91 people have viewed this job
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun?If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a Full Time Senior Technical Director to help us grow the Rogers Sports & Media brand and connect with our multicultural, diverse and wide audience and team partners through personalized communications and activities.
What you will do…
• Support our content creation team producing broadcast news, entertainment and sports, coordinating studio activities as required by the control room director in a live studio situation.
• Serve as the leader of the Operations crew, ensuring that all equipment and facilities are technically faxed and ready for air
• Operation of all control room systems such as Ross switchers, Ross OverDrive automation, routers, colour correctors, and playout automation in a fast paced and exciting environment.
• Proven knowledge and ability to build on Ross Vision switchers and build on Ross OverDrive.
• Accountable to our internal customers, providing concise, clear communication whilst producing local and national content, while in constant communication with our customers and support teams to provide first in class service.
• Monitor performance of our internal network systems, identify and acting immediately on inconsistencies to provide solutions to fulfill requirements and provide opportunities for continuous improvement
• Continuously monitor integral systems, email and all communications in partnership with our in-house content production teams
• Maximize utilization of available resources for the ever-growing requirements of Rogers Sports and Media market leading content offerings, and liaise with Directors, Producers, Management and Engineering on all technical maintenance and repair related issues
What you will bring…
• A natural curiosity and drive to win
• A care for people and the world around them
• A digital-first and analytical mindset to navigate and succeed in daily challenges
• A passion for news, sports, and entertainment
• Strong analytical and technical skills to operate various broadcast control systems and peripherals.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
• A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services
• A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career
• A team rooted in trust, honesty and empathy that wants to win together
• Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
Already a member? Sign In