Senior Technologist - Cyber / Digital security
Cambridge, United Kingdom | Cambridge Consultants
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
Are you a cyber security expert looking for challenge and variety in your working week?We are looking for someone to join our security team as a technologist. You may be a Junior Consultant looking to take the next step up in your career, or more experienced and looking to broaden and expand on your current skills and knowledge.
Cambridge Consultants is one of the world’s leading product development companies, with a reputation for cutting-edge design, development, and value creation for a global client base. As a business we thrive by staying at the forefront of technology and our digital security business is no different.We invest in our people and our technology to ensure we can provide the best solutions to our clients.
We help a wide variety of companies and organisations in the Industrial, Energy and Consumer sectors. We use our technical and commercial insight to provide everything from strategic security advice, through architecting security solutions to developing novel security technology.You will be involved in all these areas and support work outside of the security domain in other areas of technology such as IoT, autonomy, quantum and Artificial Intelligence.
What we offer
The potential for growth - This is a great time to join our team of security consultants as we build on our established track record with considerable growth planned over the next 2-3 years.
Huge variety - We work with our clients across many markets including Smart Infrastructure, Autonomous Industrial Robotics, Energy, Consumer, Agritech, Defence, Aerospace, Medical and Health.We deliver technology solutions to these markets, drawing upon technologies such as artificial intelligence, sensors, quantum computing, synthetic biology and across the range of connectivity technologies. These all need to be secured, as do our client’s enterprises when we deliver stand-alone advisory services.You will work across all these areas providing security focussed advice vested in your deep understanding of security technology.
Responsibility – This will depend on your experience, but you will be involved from scoping the approach, setting out what we’ll do for the client and managing the work, to delivering results. Often you will be working on more than one project concurrently to support the delivery of the following:
Security Risk Assessments based on a good understanding of current threats.
Technology solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of how they mitigate the threats.This will include projects to develop security technology solutions as well as utilising the best solutions from the market.
Developing system architectures and participating in detailed design reviews in collaboration with engineers from other disciplines
Our consulting activities are centred primarily in Europe and the US, but with a growing client base in Asia. Project work is usually based in the Cambridge UK office but with regular client workshops on client sites. (NB The Covid-19 pandemic is temporarily restricting travel and office-based working so on a temporary basis, much of our business is being conducted remotely. In the longer term we expect hybrid working to be the norm).
What you can bring
You will have a good technical or business degree in a relevant field with demonstrable expertise gained in a consulting or commercial environment. Relevant project management experience is important, whilst sales and business development experience would be advantageous.
You will have excellent team working skills, with energy, flexibility, and a constructive approach to challenges. You will also have a well organised and structured approach to problem solving and excellent oral and written communication.
This role has varying levels of responsibility, but ideally you will have the ability to lead some (or all) of the type of work undertaken by the group and be comfortable working with clients at all levels within our client organisations.
- Degree qualified in a relevant (probably STEM) subject
- Further academic studies (or equivalent experience) in the security domain
- Substantial experience in delivering advice and technology solutions relevant to our business and the role described.
- Must be able to obtain UK security clearance
- Experience in one or more of our market areas, preferably including industrial robotics or IoT, smart infrastructure or other similarly challenging markets
- Experience designing architectures for complex software systems and products
- Understanding of regulatory landscapes for security and privacy
- Expertise in securing embedded systems (hardware or software)
- Competitive salary reviewed anually
- Company profit share
- Generous pension
- Hybrid working model
- Flexible working hours and location
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Comprehensive insurance - Life, disability, private healthcare and travel insurance (business & leisure)
- Enhanced family leave benefit of 13 weeks full-pay parental leave for those that meet qualifying criteria
- Career development and training opportunities
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- If travelling to Cambridge by train; Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park
- Whilst in the office; Free canteen - breakfast, lunch & refreshments
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees' careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.
Already a member? Sign In