Senior Test Engineer
Gurgaon, India | Gartner Consulting
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:99 people have viewed this job
About this role:
The Test Engineer will focus on the development and execution of manual and automated scripts which validate the functionality and usability of the application under test.In addition, they will provide test metrics and address any issues and concerns which may affect project schedule to the Test Lead.
What you’ll do:
- Ability to execute functional testing along with an ability to identify opportunities for automation and create scripts in Java using Selenium
- Design, build, and maintain effective test automation solutions which meet requirements and specifications. (Smoke, Functional, Regression, Performance, etc.)
- Automate and execute test cases using testing tools, scripting tools and development tools (Selenium, Perfecto, Java)
- Prepare functional matrix for test areas assigned and perform a walkthrough with the appropriate project team members to ensure accurate and complete coverage of designated area.
- Write effective manual or automated test scripts within the framework of approved testing tools (Selenium), using documented requirements and technical specifications provided by project team
- Provide test status and raise issues and potential risks to Test Lead
- Execute manual/automated scripts using automated tools during system, regression, acceptance, Gold test cycle.
- Effectively document defects using automated defect tracking software.
- Prepare metrics to provide test status and effectively communicate issues and potential risks to project schedule.to the test lead.
What you’ll need:
- B. S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related disciplines
- 4-6 years of software test experience
- 3-4 years of automated test experience in Selenium with Java
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient in the use of automated tools used to support testing (e.g. test management, automated testing, defect tracking, etc.)
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about learning new techniques, strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability
- Commitment to teamwork
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Already a member? Sign In