Senior Test Engineer
Gurgaon, India | Gartner Consulting
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:79 people have viewed this job
About this role:
The Test Engineer will focus on the development and execution of manual and automated scripts which validate the functionality and usability of the application under test.In addition, they will provide test metrics and address any issues and concerns which may affect project schedule to the Test Lead.
What You’ll Do:
- Test ETL data feeds from various data sources to Oracle Data warehouse/Synapse.
- Test Power BI/OBIEE reports and dashboards ensure it meets end-user business requirements
- Design, build, and maintain effective test automation solutions which meet requirements and specifications. (Smoke, Functional, Regression, Performance, etc.)
- Build automate regression scripts to identify / validate critical and problematic areas of the warehouse and source data
- Experience of testing Azure Components like Azure Data Factory, Synapse will be plus.
- Ability to execute functional testing along with an ability to identify opportunities for automation.
- Prepare functional matrix for test areas assigned and perform a walkthrough with the appropriate project team members to ensure accurate and complete coverage of designated area.
- Write effective manual or automated test scripts within the framework of approved testing tools (Selenium), using documented requirements and technical specifications provided by project team
- Status reporting, Bug identification & working through developer and BI team to test it.
- Prepare metrics to provide test status and effectively communicate issues and potential risks to project schedule to the project leads.
- Effectively document defects and track till closure.
- Attend project meetings (Grooming/Scrum/Internal and provide inputs from the QA’s perspective
- Coordinate with onshore/offshore resources in executing tasks
- Passion to deliver products with high quality
- Handle multiple tasks efficiently
What you’ll need:
- 4-5+ year of Software testing experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Data warehouse/ETL testing – Mandatory.
- Proficiency in writing complex SQL queries in oracle – Mandatory.
- Proficient in the use of tools that support test management – e.g. JIRA
- Experience in developing/maintaining Test automation frameworks
- Ability to work and collaborate with a team across geographies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Strong communication skills
- Automation experience in (JAVA-Selenium/Python)
- Knowledge in database development with any RDBMS
- Exposure to Agile Methodology
- Experience in using JIRA for defect management and documentation
- Exposure to DevOps tool stack - GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- BE/BTech/BS, ME/MTech/MS or MCA and no-distance education;
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about learning new techniques, strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability
- Commitment to teamwork
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including: An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company. Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo. Exposure to industry leading training and development. Performance-based recognition and rewards
Already a member? Sign In