Senior UI Software Engineer
Anywhere, OR, USA | Procore
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for an experienced Sr. UI Software Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Sr.UI Engineer,you’ll focus on creating the common flexible core of our current and future UI platform, empowering internal and external teams to more efficiently create and deliver experiences on the Procore UI Platform. You’ll join our highly collaborative Product and Engineering organization to drive the technical direction of our projects. You’ll refine standards for development teams and tackle initiatives in partnership with Product, UX/Design, and other internal teams and groups. If you’re looking for the chance to have a significant impact that extends beyond the boundaries of your team—we have just the job for you!
This role will report to a Senior Engineering Manager and has the opportunity to work remotely from any U.S location or be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices.We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
• Design, implement, test and deliver highly scalable products
• Write a highly performant code that minimizes payload size and deferred scripts while consuming the lowest possible amount of browser resources and high-quality code in a Test Driven Development environment (Jest, react-testing-library, enzyme, cypress)
• Create, maintain, and contribute to a custom framework and component library built in React
• Develop fellow teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
• Leverage a customer-centric approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance for users
• Work closely with a team of engineers, product managers, and UX experts
• Present your designs to internal/external groups and review designs of others
• Develop test strategies, work with test automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive code coverage and automation metrics
What we're looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
• Proven experience with tooling like Storybook, Kurbernetes, Webpack, Jest, NPM, Typescript, etc.
• Experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
• Experience leading initiatives, understanding the tradeoffs between technical, analytical, and product goals and are adept at formulating solutions that satisfy all of these needs, course-correcting as needed
• Experience working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications and developing RESTful APIs
• Proven expertise with modern web development, including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
• Ability to consistently evaluate current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class
Already a member? Sign In