Senior User Experience Researcher
San Francisco, CA, USA | Levi Strauss
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference.
Since 1853, we've been obsessed with innovation to meet people's needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn't last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values.
We employ more than 17,000 people around the world – supporting great brands, including Levi's®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to innovation to grow your career.
We are looking for a Manager, User Experience and Innovation Insights to join the Direct to Consumer (DTC) - eCommerce and Marketplace Insights teams. In this role, you will help drive consumer understanding through fact based analyses and insights to strengthen the Levi Strauss & Co.’s eCommerce business. This role will support the Global DTC teams to ensure the voice of consumer informs development, optimization and analysis of digital experiences. This team member will initiate, plan, and execute research projects that are needed to achieve fiscal and strategic goals. This is an exceptional opportunity to join the Levi’s® DTC and Insights teams, help us better understand our consumers and put their needs at the center of our design process.
The ideal candidate will be both analytical and creative with hands-on experience with a variety of quantitative methods (surveys and analytics), qualitative lab based and field research methods (heuristics, usability, user research), and design thinking. A deep knowledge of different research methodologies and tools is required, as well as experience in managing and executing end-to-end user research and concept testing for a DTC company.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of influencing complex and diverse products and customer experiences. S/he has excellent communications and a passion for customer advocacy that can inform and influence senior leaders in the LS&Co organization.
The role involves strong collaboration with our strategy, product and UX design teams to drive insights that lead to innovation, outstanding customer experiences, and increased customer engagement. Responsibilities:
• Plan, design, and conduct up-front product opportunity research, on-going usability tests, and surveys, define long-term user research needs, competitive analysis, etc.
• Proactively involve designers, engineers and product managers in the research process
• Present to a variety of audiences from design team, engineering team to executive teams
• Facilitate sessions that allows internal stakeholders to be actively involved and gain empathy for the user - ideation sessions, journey & experience mapping, and guided heuristics evaluations
• Effectively synthesize insights into actionable guidance for strategic initiatives
• Identify, analyze and advocate innovative or successful competitive shopping experiences – web, mobile, etc.
• Select and manage 3rd party vendors to execute projects, as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Degree in Product Innovation, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Market Research, Statistics, or a related field – Master’s degree is a plus
• 5+ years of research experience, with DTC experience strongly preferred
• Strong bias towards action
• Demonstrated expertise in design thinking/ lean innovation methods
• Hands-on experience with feedback platforms (Qualtrics, UserZoom, or else), including survey authoring, programming as well as experience with data analysis & visualization tools, with web analytics and with remote user testing tools
• Experience observing users discover, consider, evaluate and shop online and in store as well as moderating 1:1 usability sessions, field ethnography studies, discovery and competitive analysis
• Demonstrated experience creating new test methods/ setups to address the needs of unusual/ challenging tests
• Strong leadership, communication, and negotiation skills to help build a lean consumer insights function
• Ability to build strong cross-functional relation
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
Product discount of 40% off regular-price merchandise
Already a member? Sign In