Senior Vice President, Media Relations
Chicago, IL, USA | Weber Shandwick
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
We are seeking a Senior Vice President, Media Relations to lead and grow our Chicago Health Media team and support a broad range of client work and new business needs.
In this role, you will be managing a team of 3-5 health media specialists as Chicago Health Media Lead.You will be leading media strategy and media relations work on core Chicago and North American accounts spanning pharma, biotech and association work. This role will also require leading media strategy and developing creative media ideas for new business proposals and playing a lead media role in new business presentations.
This role will predominantly focus on leading and growing the Chicago Health Media offering, while also playing a key role on the Chicago Healthcare Practice leadership team and the broader North American Health Media Team.
We’re looking for a leader who has a passion for the work, a passion for mentorship and a passion for pushing boundaries in the media storytelling for our clients.
- Lead Chicago Health Media team, including creating a culture and mentoring team-members
- Provide proactive and reactive senior strategic media counsel to clients, including issues management
- Serve as trusted media advisor, counselor and business partner to key client contacts
- Play an active role on the Chicago Health leadership team
- Play an active role on the North American Health Media leadership team, including leading/engaging in professional development presentations
- Actively monitor for media trends that could serve all clients across North America
- Build media relationships that will benefit the North American media team and our clients
- Lead media strategy for key business development opportunities and pitches
- Understand broader healthcare media landscape and general issues facing the industry
- Work across geographies and help shape media direction and focus of the Weber Healthcare practice
- Identify new growth opportunities for media work based on insights into the company, client, and industry
- Effectively manage staff utilization
- Maintain financial responsibility for accounts
- Mentor, coach and support team members ensuring constant development of their skills
- 12+ years of experience in media relations, and agency experience strongly preferred
- Must have a strong background in healthcare media relations, with pharmaceutical media relations experience strongly preferred.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of the health media landscape and a working knowledge of traditional and non-traditional media
- Self-starter, resourceful and bring a passion for driving great results while building strong, productive relationships with clients and your team
- Collaborative spirit, results driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work against deadlines
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, experience developing and delivering external presentations
- Experience in power point deck development and presentation skills
- A history of success in providing sound creative and strategic media counsel to executives and building credibility with senior-level client contacts
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically, creatively and holistically about media programs
Already a member? Sign In