Senior Vice President, Practice Management
Boston, MA, USA | Leading Healthcare - Hospitals Company
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:86 people have viewed this job
Reporting to the Steward Medical Group (SMG) Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Vice President of Practice Management will provide strategic oversight for all operational, financial, and administrative aspects of SMG physician practices within an assigned geographic area. As a member of the SMG Senior Leadership Team, this position is responsible for the implementation of the Mission, Core Values, Policies and Procedures and Strategic Plan of SMG.The SVP will interact regularly with hospital leadership to partner and identify financial and service line opportunities within the organization.The SVP will also be responsible for allocating and assigning duties to directors, managers and employees, and monitoring the activities and operations of all the practice(s) components to ensure the practice(s) meets is objectives.
• Participates in business planning and business development opportunities to increase practice market share to serve the community and patients in which practices support.
• Coordinates with hospital and system leadership to achieve current initiatives and strategic priorities.
• Point person for physician and staff relations, includes resolving medical and/or administration problems.
• Develops, implements and monitors practice budgets including analyzing financial impacts of changes and forecast and expenditures.Recommends corrective action as required.
• Develops cost/benefit analyses of patient care services and equipment.
• Meets regularly with physicians to review financial performance, compensation and key practice indicators.
• Oversees practice acquisition and move activities within assigned region.
• Participates in physician recruiting, ensure appropriate physician on-boarding, credentialing, and off-boarding takes place.
• Responsible for working with hospital marketing department to ensure that marketing initiatives are connected with SMG practices.
• Participates in hospital close meetings to ensure that hospital initiatives and SMG are in alignment.
• Work in conjunction with Regional Medical Director to ensure that all providers are in compliance with SMG's policies and procedures.
• Evaluates organization structure of practices to ensure that physicians feel supported and that all levels of administrative and clinical staff are aware of organization goals and objectives;
• Regularly communicate to all providers everything happening in the respective markets to ensure that there is alignment with all SMG and market initiatives.
• Attend regional SHCN pod meetings on behalf of Steward Medical Group to represent SMG provider's interest.
• Create and present content related to regional market to present at Quarterly Town Hall Meetings.
• Participates in various senior leadership team initiatives and in order to drive results throughout the organization.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, providers, patients and the public.
• Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
• Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives, including government regulations and compliance requirements.
• Ability to provide leadership and management of multiple sites.
• Demonstrated team building skills.
• Demonstrate skills in business analysis and/or financial management.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills, and ability to work independently and autonomously.
• Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present information to small and, at times, large audiences.
• Ability to function effectively within an ever-changing environment and to meet deadlines and reprioritize as necessary.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and a multi-dimensional environment.
• Creative, flexible, self-motivated, professional must possess sound judgment ability to plan and initiate new activities consistent with achieving service excellence.
I. Education:Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of education and experience.Master's degree strongly preferred.
II. Experience:Five (5) to ten (10) years of operational experience within a physician practice setting with multiple locations.Three (3) to five (5) years of experience within a leadership role within a physician practice setting.
III. Licensure:Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) strongly preferred.