Servicing Product Manager
Irving, TX, USA | Bank of Oklahoma
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
The Servicing Product Manager is primarily responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts for Servicing. This includes establishing and implementing project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. This position is also responsible for tracking key project milestones and partnering with management to identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve the goals of the business. This position manages multiple projects with impact to the Servicing Division.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available departmental resources to various phases of project; establishes a work plan and staffing for each phase of project; arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel; formulates and defines technical scope and objectives of project; confers with project staff to outline work plan.
2. Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path items pertaining to complex project plans having multiple inter-dependencies such as departments, vendors and processes; negotiates with project sponsor (senior management LOB) to ensure that desired timelines and budget expectations are met; serves as liaison to both internal technology staff and vendors to ensure business requirements are fully understood.
3. Coordinates project activities with activities of business unit(s); coordinates and responds to requests for changes from original specifications.
4. Works closely with the project Stakeholders, end users, business technologists, and others to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs; manages the process of developing system requirements and design specifications; directs efforts to refine conceptual systems design requirements into the technical design.
5. Manages weekly/monthly reporting process; helps prepare information deliverables for Servicing Management regarding progress toward project milestones; accepts and assesses status reports, change requests, and requirements documentation to ensure project progression; manages/participates in ongoing integration efforts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Extensive knowledge in project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques
Advanced knowledge of plan development and execution, scope planning, schedule development, cost estimating, budgeting, and control, quality planning assurance, organizational planning, communications planning, risk identification and risk response control
Advanced knowledge of the software development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management
Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
Ability to develop and deliver projects using leading-edge technology
Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related discipline; 4-7 years of experience in project management which includes at least 3 years’ experience in Servicing or 10-13 years related business experience. Prior experience in financial services industry is preferred. Preference: PMP (Project Management Professional).
Alrdeady a member? Sign In