SME Account Manager
New York, NY, USA | Visa
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
The SME Account Manager will primarily focus on increasing engagement and driving growth among our Small to Medium Business accounts on the CyberSource platform. The position will work closely with the Director of Customer Success to ensure appropriate communication flows to our merchants while improving business relationships. The primary goal is to retain and grow the relationships with these customers. There will be a heavy focus on upselling new products and growing revenue to achieve targets.
- Own revenue target for both retention and upsell/growth for portfolio of SME merchants
- Handle a high volume of inbound emails and phone calls. Evaluate the nature of the inquire and determine the appropriate response and course of action
- Organize, prioritize, and manage account questions regarding account pricing overviews, upsell opportunities, service overviews, high level technical inquiries
- Establish a strong working relationship with merchants and act as a resource for all aspects of the CyberSource platform
- Coordinate with Account Executive and Inside Sales for a proper hand-off of newly signed accounts and work with Customer Support to troubleshoot and ensure timely resolution of technical issues.
- Take initiative to develop skills by staying current on industry trends, product knowledge, competitive landscape, and new company developments
- Deliver on key business metrics including upsell opportunities and revenue growth, profitability, and any at risk business.
- Utilize forward thinking to implement creative ways to improve customer relationships and engagement strategies
- Negotiate pricing and contracts for upsells and contract renewals.
- Analyze customer key performance metrics to deliver Business Reviews, remotely and onsite, and make consultative recommendations to enhance merchant experience.
- Serve as an escalation point, both internally within the team, and with customers. Facilitate the resolution of issues, connecting customers with the right resources for assistance.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work
experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience
with a PhD
• Demonstrated passion for Customer Success and Relationship Management
• Demonstrated Account Management or Sales/Upselling experience
• Ability to collaborate and work cross functionally with Sales, Customer Support, Marketing, Billing
• Strong communication skills and etiquette written and verbal
• Strong financial acumen and salesmanship with the ability to think creatively
• Strong organization and time management skills
• A positive attitude while being hyper-organized and comfortable multi-tasking
• Strong issue resolution skills that facilitate dialogue across multiple contacts
• Ability to deal with customers in a manner that shows sensitivity and tact
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree of Equivalent
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant
experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant
experience with a PhD
• Demonstrated knowledge of the bankcard industry including issuing, acquiring, transaction
processing, eCommerce, Card Present, Card Not Present and ACH processing preferred but not
• Experience working with systems such as Tableau and Microsoft Dynamics
• Knowledge of referral and reseller partner models
• Previous experience managing relationships with Fortune 1000 companies
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting.The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Already a member? Sign In