Software Architect, Collaborative Document Management
San Francisco, CA, USA | Procore
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Architect to join Procore’s Preconstruction division. In this role, you’ll drive the design and architecture of some of Procore’s most significant customer facing products.
As a Sr. Software Architect, you’ll use your expert-level technical skills to craft innovative solutions while influencing and mentoring other senior technical leaders. To be successful in this role, you’re passionate about distributed systems, including caching, streaming, and indexing technologies on the cloud, with a strong bias for action and outcomes. If you’re an inspirational leader comfortable translating vague problems into pragmatic solutions that open up the boundaries of technical possibilities—we’d love to hear from you!
This position reports to the VP of Engineering and can be based at any of our US offices or remotely in the US. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
• Design and build next generation collaborative document management solution for the construction industry.
• Collaborate with product management and other business stakeholders to understand and refine the requirements that drive the Collaborative Document Management (CDM) architecture.
• Collaborate with engineers and other architects to create the appropriate API contracts between systems and document the system designs.
• Collaborate with Infrastructure, Security, and Legal to ensure the CDM product is appropriately supported on the platform and complies with corporate and regulatory policies.
• Work with peers, Principal Engineers and technical leads to implement and continuously improve appropriate design patterns and best practices.
• Work with other architects and teams to improve interactions between business software components and between the teams that own them.
• Works early and often with Product Management on defining scope and value of initiatives, helps illuminate the "art of the possible". Likely first engineering stakeholder on any initiative
What we’re looking for:
• BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
• 10+ years of experience building and operating cloud-based, highly available, and scalable online serving or streaming systems utilizing large, diverse data sets in production
• Expertise with diverse DB technologies like PostgreSQL, GraphDB, NoSQL DB, Snowflake, etc.
• Strength in the majority of commonly used data technologies and languages such as Python, Java or Scala, Kafka, Spark, Flink, Airflow, Splunk, Datadog, Kubernetes, Jenkins, or similar
• Experience defining enterprise document management/architecture best practices at a department and organizational level and establishing standards for operational excellence and code and data quality at a multi-project level
• Current on new industry trends, design patterns, and designs solutions for complex systems to meet ambiguous business needs
Already a member? Sign In