Ottawa, Canada | Ultra Electronics
Industry:Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
The Ultra Engineering function manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs. This role will be in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia or 100% Remote in the Ottawa Area to start with our intention in opening a new Ultra Sonar Office in the Ottawa/Kanata Area in 2023.
We have won multiple large contracts requiring the evolution of existing software solutions and the development of new software components. The role shall provide design expertise to enable reuse of existing components and develop new reusable components in order to meet specific project requirements and support a long-term product roadmap.
You will be required to see the big picture and use a broad range of software skills and product development knowledge, ideally in a similar defense industry domain, in order to enable the team to deliver projects within agreed costs and schedule.
- Software Requirements Analysis
- Software architectural design at the component level
- Oversight of and contributions to detailed software design and implementation
- Contribution to verification, validation and test strategies
- Contributing to and leading design reviews
- Contributing to product backlog definition and agile sprint planning
Required Skills, Qualification And Experience
- Graduated Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Computer Science, or Electronics
- 8 plus years of detailed conceptual Architectural Design experience
- Collaboration experience working with Systems Engineering to brainstorm and breakdown problems
- Strong C/C++ coding experience from a conceptual standpoint
- Experienced in software design using UML
- Experience in signal processing, algorithm development and multi-threaded processing techniques
- Experienced in C++ and\or Java
- Experienced in Linux
- Educated to degree level in a STEM subject, or equivalent
- Worked in an industry with rigorous design methodology and project management
- Demonstrable design skills in a complex mission critical product
- Domain knowledge in applications with a signal processing element. For example, Sonar, Radar, Digital Radio Communications
- Comfortable working across the full software stack from Human Machine Interface, Business Logic, Operating Systems, Middleware, Signal Processing software and interfacing via IP protocols and proprietary interfaces.
- Capable of acquiring a Canadian / NATO Secret security clearance and a Canadian Controlled Goods assessment to the satisfaction of the company
- Able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally to Engineering Managers and Project Managers
- Able to manage technical conflict and contribute to a collaborative team atmosphere
- Able to travel occasionally to other site in Canada (Halifax) and the UK on rare occasions.
- The Candidate must be capable of acquiring NATO Secret security clearance and a Canadian Controlled Goods assessment to the satisfaction of the company
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
Already a member? Sign In