Software Development Director
Redwood City, CA, USA | Oracle
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
Are you a passionate leader with a background in large distributed system design and development
Our team is working on an autonomous test platform that automates every step of the testing life-cycle from test case creation to defect analysis. It uses Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Big Data technologies to modernize software testing through replacing human with machines.
We’re looking for experienced leader to join this growing team and work on the cutting-edge autonomous test cloud services.In this role, you’ll lead a distributed teams for the design, development and delivery of new features to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of cloud service.
Qualifications / experience:
Although not definitive, the ideal candidate will typically have the following:
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
• 8+ years of software development people management experience
• Exceptional critical thinking and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide and senior audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analysis
• Experienced with micro-services based software architecture and containerization using Docker, Kubernetes etc
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
• Experience developing within Cloud Infrastructure
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Agile Software Development practices (e.g. Scrum, CI/CD, Slack, etc.)
• Experience with Selenium source code is a big plus
• Experience with Tensorflow is a big plus
• Critical thinking and decision making skills
• Demonstrated experience delivering innovative products
• A passion for people management and mentorship
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Results orientated, an ability to manage multiple priorities is also expected
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• The ability to influence with well-developed persuasive arguments
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In