Software Development Engineer, Continuous Deployment
Virtual, USA | Amazon
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:70 people have viewed this job
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our team of talented software engineers to work on Amazon's powerful continuous deployment systems.
AWS CodePipeline enables developers to be able to model, visualize, and automate their entire software release process. You can read more about AWS CodePipeline here: http://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/code-management-and-deployment/
As a software development engineer you will design, develop, and support a world class service used to automate how software gets released to millions of customers. You will have the opportunity to work with remarkable engineers, business leaders and other talented engineering teams while you design, architect, and code robust and stable solutions. The team owns and builds every aspect of our product, from the UI and external APIs down to the backend services.
If you have what we’re looking for, then come and join a strong team in a highly visible organization. You will have a significant impact on Amazon's massively distributed software development environment and help us to build the best continuous deployment and fleet management system in the world.
Location options include Virtual, Seattle WA, Arlington VA, Berlin DE, Amsterdam NL.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field), or the equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree, based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 3+ years professional experience in software development
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C#, C++, Java or Ruby
· Proficient in computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, problem solving, complexity analysis and object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Experience with Linux
· Familiarity with agile methodologies
· Attention to detail, and the ability to pick up new tools and technologies quickly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Already a member? Sign In