Software Development Engineer II
Culver City, CA, USA | Lab126
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:108 people have viewed this job
The Amazon Studios team is chartered to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in service of Amazon’s Prime Video customers. The team is responsible for bringing popular TV and movies to their customers and introducing distinctive, award-winning originals like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and ground-breaking, popular shows like The Man in the High Castle, Jack Ryan, and The Boys.
We are looking for a talented Software Development Engineer for the Amazon Studios Data Science team to support the development and launch of our ML models. As a SDE, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying distributed machine learning systems and large-scale solutions for our world-wide customer base. In this, you will collaborate closely with a team of ML scientists to influence Amazon Studios’ overall strategy. You will also drive the system architecture, scale and automate existing models, and spearhead best practices that enable a quality product.
You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is an evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact on world-wide consumer entertainment.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
· Experience with machine learning, deep learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools and software
· Experience and/or a strong interest in machine learning software systems and big data software systems.
· Experience with AWS platform.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
· Experience in building web tools and technologies.
· Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements and describe software product features and technical designs.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Already a member? Sign In